Post-Game Talk: #52| Islanders at FLYERS | Thu., Feb. 5, 2015

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
he also gets interfered with so often... stuff that the league was apparently cracking down on... he may be in trouble if the league continues down the path of regressing to pre lockout hockey.
I wonder if the leg injury still bugs him. Opponents know were the cut was.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
Could we try something like this? When healthy...

Raffl - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Couturier - Read
Umberger - Laughton - Simmonds
White - Bellemare - Vandevelde

Schultz - Streit
Timonen - Coburn
Del Zotto - Macdonald

Mason

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Could we try something like this? When healthy...

Raffl - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Couturier - Read
Umberger - Laughton - Simmonds
White - Bellemare - Vandevelde

Schultz - Streit
Timonen - Coburn
Del Zotto - Macdonald

Mason

No Grossmann in the lineup? Berube will have no part of that!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They're. Just. Not. Good.

How hard is this to understand? It's not that they're lazy or not trying. They're just not good.

Doesn't matter, lazy is the go-to excuse no matter what's happening. Despite the fact that they're obviously trying, every loss must be because of lack of effort.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I am really getting frustrated with this forward group. We've given it a shot for a while now and its just not really coming together. As a whole its one of the slowest in the nhl and the way the game is evolving we don't stand to really compete unless there are some changes.

I really miss when lavy was here and offense was so easy to come by.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Just saw the goals. Pretty weak play by LSchenn that led to their 1st goal.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's what happens when your defensemen aren't good at moving the puck up ice with speed, and you often have to spend 30-40 seconds hacking the puck out of your own zone.

I am really getting frustrated with this forward group. We've given it a shot for a while now and its just not really coming together. As a whole its one of the slowest in the nhl and the way the game is evolving we don't stand to really compete unless there are some changes.

The last time ES offense was easy to come by under Lavy was the Pittsburgh series.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

I tend to think our forward group is overrated as well. Would like to see how better they do with some actual puck movers on backend, but quite honestly, I still dont think they'd be good enough.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
FLyers Even strength Goal leaders.....

12 - Raffl
10- Couturier
10 - Voracek
8 - Vande Velde

Schenn has 8 also, but I think Couturier only has 9.

Giroux is on track to have his first sub-9 shooting percentage. Makes you wonder what his numbers would be if that wasn't off.

beetee15

Long Island Bullies
May 26, 2010
Long Island
im sorry, but Schenn needs to finish, and Coots needs to learn how to score. Cant blame bad linemates for that break away. needs to step up

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It's what happens when your defensemen aren't good at moving the puck up ice with speed, and you often have to spend 30-40 seconds hacking the puck out of your own zone.

The last time ES offense was easy to come by under Lavy was the Pittsburgh series.

The last time our es offense you mean. Nashville is 5th in goals and 23rd in the power play.

Lavy knows even strength scoring.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The last time our es offense you mean. Nashville is 5th in goals and 23rd in the power play.

Lavy knows even strength scoring.

The point is our ES offense was bad under Laviolette in 12-13 and terrible in the start of 13-14. Because his system doesn't work without real talent on D.

I miss Pronger and pre-lockout Kimmo a lot more than I miss him.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
The only forwards I would consider disappointing are Schenn and Read. The former has always been and really just looks like a case of a high profile, highly hyped prospect who never lives up to it and the latter I'm willing to have patience with considering the **** coach, the **** D, and that it's his first season like this. Literally everyone else in the forward group is performing as well as can be expected or exceeding expectations.

Our D is utter ****, most especially in regards to puck movement and point shots. Two aspects that the forwards rely on to initiate and boost the offense. Our coach is a numb skull who doesn't appreciate simple things like zone starts, plays favorites, messes with ice-time, and prefers to literally never bench a player like Grossmann as opposed to a Gustafsson or MDZ. All of that skews everything related to the perception of our forwards and our offense. Of our team in general.

Not even gonna touch the "lazy" talk. It's the type of stupid, silly, baseless cliche that gets thrown around literally any time any team doesn't perform reasonably well compared to expectations. In reality, Voracek is producing far above his career norm, Giroux has been carrying this team and offense for a very long time now and doesn't have much help, our D is a liability for the most part, and Berube is a cement head who has no business being coach. Basically, we're not a good team and this shouldn't be a surprise or be cause to call anyone lazy. Don't know why people let a four win streak against easy competition very late into the season think otherwise.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
The outing tonight was brutal. Mason earned us the point. It's amazing how you could get outplayed that bad and pick up a point. Watching VL on the shootout I was thinking if he moved any slower I would expire of old age and I'm like 40. I was never a great skater when I played hockey but I would have skated circles around Vinnie. I would hate to see that in slow mo, would be like watching paint dry.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
The point is our ES offense was bad under Laviolette in 12-13 and terrible in the start of 13-14. Because his system doesn't work without real talent on D.

I miss Pronger and pre-lockout Kimmo a lot more than I miss him.

it worked in 11-12 .

12-13 was the lockout and everyone played horrible
and then he lasted 1 week the next season.

I dont know how you can chalk that up to lavy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad