Prospect Info: #52 Dmitri Buchelnikov, 2022 Draft

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
if he told teams he wouldn't play for them wouldn't that be the exact opposite of Zadina? Zadina was upset because teams DIDN'T draft him

not that I buy that he did any such thing, teams just make stupid choices sometimes
It's just both of them with problems, different , but personally problems.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Yes, I was going to say his point totals are nice, but he is a goal scorer so it is interesting he only has 3 goals in the VHL.
I bet Debrincat will have same problem, not like it is bad, this season .

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
great pass but he was all alone in the slot and half the cage was open (left side). He's our next shooter type player right?
I liked his awareness to feed his open man though. Likelihood of the goalie stopping it from Buch's angle than Shevchenko's would've been higher I'd say. Goalie had to guess + move side to side on that play which makes it harder to contain. Also the deft touch between the defenseman by Buch to gain control in the slot was mint.

He's improving already after having been on the top line for the last ~6 games. I do like how quick he thinks and sees the ice, as well as how he moves around it. Great at body positioning for puck battles and quick in tight space with his feet and hands. That will go a long way for him to achieve his goal scoring potential. He looks like a potential 30-35 goal scorer if everything goes right. The kicker will be if he's a PP1 left flank weapon, which is something we all got to know about him first after we picked him.

Still a lot of time left to see if he will continue to grow. At 20 years old, I think this season will have him shooting up Wings fans prospect rankings by year's end.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I liked his awareness to feed his open man though. Likelihood of the goalie stopping it from Buch's angle than Shevchenko's would've been higher I'd say since the goalie had to guess + move side to side. Also the deft touch between the defenseman by Buch to gain control in the slot was mint.

He's improving already after having been on the top line for the last ~6 games. I do like how quick he thinks and sees the ice, as well as how he moves around it. Great at body positioning for puck battles and quick in tight space with his feet and hands. That will go a long way for him to achieve his goal scoring potential. He looks like a potential 30-35 goal scorer if everything goes right.

Still a lot of time left to see if he will continue to grow. At 20 years old, I think this season will have him shooting up Wings fans prospect rankings by year's end.
not discrediting him at all and it probably came off that way. I just hate that we always get players that become playmakers instead of pure shooters. I was promised by some on here that he was our kucherov so that is the bar I keep him at. Not my fault, it was the others who said it so I'm handcuffed at this point.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
not discrediting him at all and it probably came off that way. I just hate that we always get players that become playmakers instead of pure shooters. I was promised by some on here that he was our kucherov so that is the bar I keep him at. Not my fault, it was the others who said it so I'm handcuffed at this point.
That's fair enough! I really like what I see and want to keep a lower bar as a Dadonov-level guy, but Buch seems to have an excellent work ethic and very projectable tools. Tough to stop a kid who always wants to be better and more coachable.

I keep the Kucherov comparison at bay personally as his IQ is top 3 in the NHL and his separation speed give him an incredible offensive advantage over the elite talent of this league that he goes up against. There's no wonder he's always a beast in the playoffs too.

What a treat that would be if Buchelnikov came anywhere close to that. He'd become an easy fan favourite here.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Both Buchelnikov and Lombardi similar stile and size. Two years from now should be on the same line in GR

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
Both Buchelnikov and Lombardi similar stile and size. Two years from now should be on the same line in GR
I think Buch plays 1 more year in the KHL and then makes the roster in 25-26. He's already playing in a pro league, there isn't an adjustment to playing against men he'll need to make.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad