Prospect Info: #52 Dmitri Buchelnikov, 2022 Draft

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Wings pick Dmitri Buchelnikov in round 2, pick #52 of the 2022 Draft. He is an overage Russian who had a really nice season in the MHL.

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Extremely skilled with the puck, but when I watched him a lot in 2020-21 he lacked in skating for his size. He was already scoring well despite a smaller role and I kind of expected him to improve this season (September 2003 birthday) but didn't expect him to almost lead the league in scoring. Very excited to track his progress these next few years.

He's only a month younger than James.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
There's a write-up on him at #5 : Five hidden gem NHL Draft prospects the LA Kings should consider

Here's a snippet :

Every time I watch Buchelnikov play in the MHL, my jaw drops at how talented he is. He’s such a flashy player who has an amazing shot. His offensive play really stands out.

It feels like whenever you watch Dmitri enter the offensive zone, there’s a spotlight right over his head because all eyes are on him. It’s hard to describe how talented Buchelnikov is. His talent level is extremely high.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

I would say this clip has me agreeing with this quote

The things he does on the ice are things that make me scared to go to sleep at night, thinking he could haunt my nightmares. The amount of swagger this kid has is unbearable.

Reactions: acetehubernoob

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
I had him at 21, so glad the wings saw good things in him too and got him at 52. So glad we got him. The only risk is the war but the pick is very likely a homerun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad