Post-Game Talk: #52| Canadiens 1 at FLYERS 3| Thursday, February 2, 2017

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Nothing quite like the spectacle of a live game. The sights and sounds are mesmerizing.

On to the game..seemed like it was a combination of Montreal mailing it in and the Flyers playing extra hard defensively after the drubbing against Carolina. Now get Ghost in for Manning and TK in for VandeVelde and try to build some mementum (these things wont happen, I know).

All of the Habs fans were very quiet this evening at my ball-hockey game, and I enjoyed listening to the sports call-in show driving home.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So Hakstol has lost this team?

I see Konecny was missed, Weise was flying around the ice and hitting everything that moved. Though I think Weise sitting helped him to realize that he had to just play his game and not think too much.

Schultz is pretty bad, back to the bench for another month.

Provorov is the best player on the Flyers right now. He's the first #1 D-man we've had since Kimmo lost his legs and should only get better.

The 4th line had a heck of a game, looked like a real 4th line.

Streit is a smart veteran, too bad he can't skate anymore.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

I see Konecny was missed, Weise was flying around the ice and hitting everything that moved. Though I think Weise sitting helped him to realize that he had to just play his game and not think too much.

Provorov is the best player on the Flyers right now. He's the first #1 D-man we've had since Kimmo lost his legs and should only get better.

Yeah you're right, 1 game makes a world of difference..........

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
I'm being nitpicky but I don't know if I would call it drawing a penalty. Andrew Shaw had another brain-dead moment in a nothing play, flipping Cousins' leg up with his stick.

Unless Cousins was in his ear all game. ;) He's the type of player that slow burns a guy into taking a stupid penalty.

It's one of his more valuable attributes, really.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Nice win.

Provorov played two and a half minutes more than AMac even strength. Hak is learning (slowly).

Good offensive pressure by the G line and Couturier line.

Schultz was decent, as was Neuvirth.

Radulov laying out for a block! If he signs a 5 year extension, you won't see that again for 4 years.

Always liked Byron from his Gatineau days with Giroux.

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Best game of the season from the D as an entire unit. They limited Montreal's chances and moved the puck well out of the zone. I'm not advocating to sit Shayne on Saturday, but you never know with Hakstol. Part of me wouldn't be surprised to see the same 6 back against the Kings.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Best game of the season from the D as an entire unit. They limited Montreal's chances and moved the puck well out of the zone. I'm not advocating to sit Shayne on Saturday, but you never know with Hakstol. Part of me wouldn't be surprised to see the same 6 back against the Kings.

Not one part of me would be surprised if that happened, bro.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I don't even remember Hak making any lineup changes other then goaltending after a W. Maybe my brain is just not working correctly.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

I got the feeling that the players and especially G got together and decided to play. Although there was a lot more D activation so maybe Hak took the constraints off.

Konecny was still missed imo. Wiese played well but against his former team. We scored a pp goal and then reads that was very uncharacteristic against price. It was nice having stability with Shultz over ghost. I say keep him during this stretch and let him practice more.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't even remember Hak making any lineup changes other then goaltending after a W. Maybe my brain is just not working correctly.

Ghost's first healthy scratch was against Winnipeg, which we won 5-2, but he returned for the next game. Hopefully that will happen again, and he will play with Streit. If Manning is in the top 6, he should stay with Gudas.

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
I'd be ok with this line up again. Whatever it takes to get w's at this point. When you live in a Province comprised of about 85% Habs and Leafs fans, it's never boring beating them. One of the better overall efforts I've seen out of this squad in a while.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Weise was good yesterday,, Weise in for VDV would be a massive boost for the team, sadly below Zero % chance he comes out. So has to be TK , Cousins or Read to come out.

Yep.

TK in for VdV is what is best for the team. Leave Weise and Read in as they both had solid games last night. Sitting your best ES producer and shot generator in Konecny, over no-event VdV, is extra dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad