Post-Game Talk: #52: 4 Oilers at FLYERS 5 (OT), Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019, 1:00 pm ET

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
ezgif.com-a431a09fad.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
0% chance Hakstol would've let him play here.

There's a 100% chance Hakstol would've let Hart play tomorrow. And every game before and after as his still developing 20 year old body gets ravaged night after night in the quest to get this bubble team into the almost bubble playoffs to keep his job for another miserable bubble year.

This is the man who Hakstol learned his goalie usage philosophies from:

tenor.gif

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
There's a 100% chance Hakstol would've let Hart play tomorrow. And every game before and after as his still developing 20 year old body gets ravaged night after night in the quest to get this bubble team into the almost bubble playoffs to keep his job for another miserable bubble year.

tenor.gif

If he had gotten to the point where he allowed Hart to play all these games, then yes he would have ridden him into the ground. Hextall was the bigger obstacle; Hextall 100% would have traded for the next Mrazek/McKenna and sent Hart down after the Carolina game.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

tenor.gif
Sadly this is 100% accurate. If for no other reason, Hakstol getting canned, has made this season a good one. f*** him

Reactions: Foggy14 and baudib1

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

tenor.gif
Oh damn that’s a good point....

What’s stronger: his need to haze rookies in their hometowns or his need to run goalies into the ground?

Luckily we’ll never know with Hart.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If he had gotten to the point where he allowed Hart to play all these games, then yes he would have ridden him into the ground. Hextall was the bigger obstacle; Hextall 100% would have traded for the next Mrazek/McKenna and sent Hart down after the Carolina game.

Hextall had to go for his prospects to actually develop and succeed.

It's like rain on your wedding day. It's a free ride when you've already paid. It's the good advice that you just didn't take. Who would've thought, it figures?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
If Hak were here Lindblom would be a 4th liner/healthy scratch, depending on which way the wind blows.

Weise and Konecny would be flanking Patrick, and many would continue to deem Patrick a bust. Weise would be playing with Coots and Jake on the second line. Sanheim and Hagg would be switched on the depth chart.

Hart would be 4-10, and would have also played that AHL game where he saw a wall of pucks during the All Star break. Some would be calling for him to get back to the AHL, either to shelter him from the shitstorm or because he "isn't ready yet". McKenna would have seen one start to rest Carter, and would have relieved him once after Carter was pulled at the beginning of the second period in the back end of a back to back which he started both games, down 4-0 after yet another slow start.

The PK would be at 71%

The Flyers' record would be laughably bad and we would be talking about top 3 prospect choices, not 5-15

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I hope Edmonton fans will come to hate Hart like I hated Grant Fuhr because he was so good and part of that damn Dynasty...…

EDIT: oh wait...Edmonton is his hometown! oops. Ok I still hope they eat their own

Last edited:
Reactions: BiggE

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
wow... Wonder when a goalie will wear number 7 or something

I seem to recall in international play goalies wearing single digit numbers in addition to 1 (one) but I can't recall it happening in the NHL. Maybe someone on the History section can verify; one member there is very proficient with such information.

John Davidson and Martin Biron wore 00.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

tenor.gif

That's what happens when you have Provorov in the locker room, everyone else has to take it to the edge.

Hart played like 70 games a year the last three years, so I doubt you can run him into the ground.
For one thing, the kid hardly breaks a sweat out there.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Made a mistake. Opened up HB for the first time in a few weeks. Comment section is putting Ghost up for auction to the highest bidder. One post suggested moving him to wing, could be "another Sami Kapanen"

qQhN75C.jpg

Most Flyers fans dont deserve to see them win a Cup.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If Hak were here Lindblom would be a 4th liner/healthy scratch, depending on which way the wind blows.

Weise and Konecny would be flanking Patrick, and many would continue to deem Patrick a bust. Weise would be playing with Coots and Jake on the second line. Sanheim and Hagg would be switched on the depth chart.

Hart would be 4-10, and would have also played that AHL game where he saw a wall of pucks during the All Star break. Some would be calling for him to get back to the AHL, either to shelter him from the ****storm or because he "isn't ready yet". McKenna would have seen one start to rest Carter, and would have relieved him once after Carter was pulled at the beginning of the second period in the back end of a back to back which he started both games, down 4-0 after yet another slow start.

The PK would be at 71%

The Flyers' record would be laughably bad and we would be talking about top 3 prospect choices, not 5-15

Uh, the PK turned around 3 weeks before Hakstol was fired.
Lindblom was on the 4th line under Gordon for a couple weeks.
TK should be playing with Patrick and Lindblom, that should be our second line for the next five years.

Since the team hasn't played any better under Gordon, Hart would have the same record, as would the team.
Hart was only called up out of desperation, because they were out of options and Fletcher didn't want to pull another "Mrazek."
And you can't run Hart into the ground, he's Provorov's bionic brother.

The only time this team has looked good the last 7 years, other than the second half of last season, has been when a goalie plays at a level above league average, Mason twice, Elliott for a month or two, and now Hart.

I think we should give Hart his choice of Philly virgins if he continues to play well.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I was gonna say... Hart sure as **** better play tomorrow or else I'm gonna be livid :laugh:

Hope Ghost is ready too... saw him live only once. It was one of his first pro games when the Phantoms were still Adirondack and playing in Hershey against the Bears. My only lasting impression is him letting Joel Rechlicz, who probably didn't even score ten goals in his entire hockey career combined, get by him and score, lol. I wanna see seasoned vet Ghost live in action.

But like I said before... big winning streak, playing a crappy team, I'll be in attendance... fully anticipating a boring 1-0 loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad