GDT: #51 | FLYERS (H) vs. Devils (A) | Saturday, May, 1, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | NBCSP, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"No top line or top pair, so take with grain of salt"

That being said, I would be fine with this lineup. Not that I am going to watch the game.

Top line and top pair were given the day off since they’re playing a lot of TOI.

I know. :laugh:

I was referring to Ghost-Sanheim being a pair (makes absolutely zero sense) and Zamula being with Prosser/Morin on the “4th pair”, while Hagg and Myers stay in.

Zamula was better than all three of Morin, Hagg, and Myers by miles. No reason for him to be out, especially when we’re already eliminated and we have nothing to lose.

On top of that, the fact that Provorov-Braun are seen as the top pair is insanity.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
"No top line or top pair, so take with grain of salt"

That being said, I would be fine with this lineup. Not that I am going to watch the game.
Thank you. Why are they playing G and Couts 22 minutes a game? I swear if we find out Couts has been nursing an injury for months and needs surgery after the season, my head is going to explode.

Let the kids play, and give them some icetime too.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I know. :laugh:

I was referring to Ghost-Sanheim being a pair (makes absolutely zero sense) and Zamula being with Prosser/Morin on the “4th pair”, while Hagg and Myers stay in.

Zamula was better than all three of Morin, Hagg, and Myers by miles. No reason for him to be out, especially when we’re already eliminated and we have nothing to lose.

On top of that, the fact that Provorov-Braun are seen as the top pair is insanity.

I figured it was more than the obvious. I particularly like playing both Gostisbehere and Sanheim on their off-sides (if R/L are accurately displayed). Maybe they should switch sticks, too.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Yeah, it just makes no sense at all. :laugh:

The staff keeps finding new ways to amaze me.

"Let's put BOTH wingers on the centre's forehand for a higher chance of getting possession off the face-off. And then one or both can fling it down the ice, of course."

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
"Let's put BOTH wingers on the centre's forehand for a higher chance of getting possession off the face-off. And then one or both can fling it down the ice, of course."
At least they're not foolish enough to put a 6'7" defensemen with poor puck skills at forward hahahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

giphy.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Yeah, mobile defensemen who struggle with physical play and score 20 points a season and look out of place on the PP have a lot of leverage in contract negotiations. Sanheim's getting a little long in the tooth to be paid on promise, at some point he's going to actually have to back it with some offensive production.

Reactions: 04hockey

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Yeah, mobile defensemen who struggle with physical play and score 20 points a season and look out of place on the PP have a lot of leverage in contract negotiations. Sanheim's getting a little long in the tooth to be paid on promise, at some point he's going to actually have to back it with some offensive production.
Agreed. The only benefit to this year (if you can call it that) is some the the contracts for the RFAs are going to be very affordable to help offset our larger contracts for the next couple of years. But you don't want too much cap space otherwise you get hayes-like contracts.....

Reactions: BernieParent

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
When you're eliminated, you don't have much to play for. Shit, Flyers have the Pens and Caps coming up. No way are they winning against them.

I get the sentiment to lose for a better pick, but you will never convince a competitive athlete of that. They still want to win and complete. Asking “why are they trying to win now”? They want to win every game they play in regardless of where they are in the standings

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I get the sentiment to lose for a better pick, but you will never convince a competitive athlete of that. They still want to win and complete. Asking “why are they trying to win now”? They want to win every game they play in regardless of where they are in the standings
I don't believe that these Flyers players care much about winning in these last games. If it happens, fine; if not, no biggie. They want this season to end and not to get injured in the process.
It shows by the way that the compete. Momentarily they'll do it because that's what they've been taught to do in order to pay the game. Sixty minutes of hard play? Not happening. With this coaching staff's style of play, winning isn't happening unless the opposition doesn't show up. Even the Devils and Sabres know how to embarrass the Flyers. Its not that hard of a thing to do.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Our games make me sad, so I've stopped going out of my way to watch them. Did this weeks ago actually.
Just looking forward to the draft, FA and hopefully a more watchable performance next year.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I don't believe that these Flyers players care much about winning in these last games. If it happens, fine; if not, no biggie. They want this season to end and not to get injured in the process.
It shows by the way that the compete. Momentarily they'll do it because that's what they've been taught to do in order to pay the game. Sixty minutes of hard play? Not happening. With this coaching staff's style of play, winning isn't happening unless the opposition doesn't show up. Even the Devils and Sabres know how to embarrass the Flyers. Its not that hard of a thing to do.

I have and many others have been saying this team is so easy to play against and to prepare for. No matter the changes you make they have to change the way they play. If they continue to be predictable and easy to plan for then the results will not change. Will only firing the coaching staff change that? I don’t think so.

Reactions: BernieParent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad