Post-Game Talk: #51 | FLYERS at Devils | Thu., Feb. 1, 2018, 7:00 pm ET

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I went in there too, I made it as far as the Devils fans ****ing their pants after Hischier scoring, then Tripod reminded them they passed on Ivan for some slob.

I thought Striiker was nice not to mention Mikey McLeod over McAvoy too.

Man, Provorov+Hischier+McAvoy would be f***ing scary if they weren't dumbasses. But Zacha has a 55% CF% or whatever over his last 5 games, so there's hope.

Reactions: Foggy14

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I thought Striiker was nice not to mention Mikey McLeod over McAvoy and Brown too.

b51.jpg

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Read doesn't even look that good at the AHL level, his legs are gone.

Lehtera is a body, but we're already overworking Giroux and Simmonds is getting close to 20 minutes.
Unfortunately, you can't get through a season playing two lines and one pair of defensemen, though Hakstol is trying.

Are you really trying to justify Lehtera over Matt Read? Matt Read is far better defensively than Lehtera and I'd argue he's better offensively too.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
giphy.gif

Just watched last night's game.

On a positive note, Ghost is playing really good hockey. His defensive zone work has improved a lot. It was fun to watch him get physical against Noesen on the play that led to Ghost's even strength goal.

Not sure why Hagg got two more shifts, and nearly two more minutes, than Gudas in the third. I don't hate Hagg, and he has the potential to be a decent third pairing guy, but his positioning on the Hischier goal wasn't exactly prime time stuff.

Maybe the boys were gassed in the third from the Washington game (and a late arrival in Newark), but going into a shell for long periods with a lead doesn't seem to suit this team. When we're skating and attacking, we're tough to play against. When we sit back and rely on our defense, not so much.

That could be at the heart of our PK problems. We seem to give the opposing points a lot of time and space. Clubs with a better PK seem to pressure the points much more and not just drop back into a shell.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
Last night was a tough game to swallow. They really played better than the Devils most of the night. Tough game by Lyon. There will only ever be one #49 in my mind in Philly.

C'mon guys, DFF was obviously talking about Marc D'Amour. A 0.00 GAA and 1.000 SV% in the orange and black is the stuff of legend. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad