GDT: #51 - 02/03/20 | stars @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG PLUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Going to be nice to see Hank in another game here. I'm all for getting Georgiev and Shesty time and the need to see them in the NHL, but Hank earned the game, you haven't heard him complain and then went out and got a shutout (even though it's against a historically bad team)

We have to enjoy these games he gets over this season and next since there are only so many left with the team.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
My bad...the 37 was for assists the past two years...I ommited the only 41 goals for some bizarre reason. But yeah 78 points in 129 games is a very mediocrish 0.60 pace which extrapolated over an 82 game season is 49-50 points for the year.

That aint the Jamie Benn I know.

The Jamie Benn you know doesn't exist anymore. Pretty rare for players to stay at the top of the league forever. Benn is now 30 and on the tailend of his career. Add in the style of play he had, power forward, body breaks down, and hip surgery. It all adds up.

He can still bring that game breaking ability, high end skill, but it just comes out a lot less frequently. Off the top of my head, recently, the games against Arizona and Tampa he was a beast. Huge hits, big momentum swings, put up big points, etc.

But the other 20 games in that span, he is just ho-hum.

Reactions: Maximus

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The Jamie Benn you know doesn't exist anymore. Pretty rare for players to stay at the top of the league forever. Benn is now 30 and on the tailend of his career. Add in the style of play he had, power forward, body breaks down, and hip surgery. It all adds up.

He can still bring that game breaking ability, high end skill, but it just comes out a lot less frequently. Off the top of my head, recently, the games against Arizona and Tampa he was a beast. Huge hits, big momentum swings, put up big points, etc.

But the other 20 games in that span, he is just ho-hum.
And his lack of wraparound ability cost us a first round pick.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
We used to have the most handsome team in the league year-in, year-out. Now we've got Chytil, Panarin, McKegg, Kakko, Fox, and Trouba (among others) making us a homely-looking bunch. And most-handsome of them all only plays a fraction of the games. :laugh:
Trouba is homely? Your standards are impossibly high.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We used to have the most handsome team in the league year-in, year-out. Now we've got Chytil, Panarin, McKegg, Kakko, Fox, and Trouba (among others) making us a homely-looking bunch. And most-handsome of them all only plays a fraction of the games. :laugh:

Panarin is good looking or at least charming.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Should be a fun one and a challenging game. Hope to see more of the same from Kakko and Chytil. I rewatched the last game and Howden is so nothing burger I have zero f***ing clue how he managed to hold the 3C spot over Lias after all the praise Lias received during camp.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Loffen is back!

CF517BA0-0B13-4AF2-96F3-7ACE6561D789.gif

Reactions: Siddi

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Benn is a 30 year old power forward. Not surprised to see his numbers tail off.

OK...I'll go with tailing off a bit but not drop like a rock as it has. Think about it, it would be like Iginla or Shanahan after having six 80+ seasons in a row and than once they got paid at only 30 years old start to struggle to hit 50 points.

That's not just struggling...that's dropping off the map. I dunno, I'm very surprised at this as never saw this happening so soon. Maybe at 33 not at 30. Oh well, hopefully he struggles one more night before he turns things around.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Dallas has a really good bottom 6 outside of Perry. Replace him with a good checking RW, and you've got the best bottom 6 in the league. Those guys are really good defensively.

Saw a lot of them live in Q1 of last year in Dallas. Hung out with a few of them and their friends. Good dudes. They do a lot for the community. Dallas has an excellent program in their community. Wish them well, but they aren't contenders imo, nor will they be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad