GDT: #51 - 02/02/17 | RANGERS @ sabres | 7:30 - MSG, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007
Please don't suck Henrik. Nobody wants to see Hellberg tonight. No need to let up a slow dribbler through the 5 hole in honor of Raanta's child either.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
this is just :amazed: :shakehead

i do not understand this fear of playing raanta and the corresponding belief that playing hank is the only way to the playoffs. and once there, hank is the only way to the cup.

ive read that alot here. i dont get it.

who did the pens win the cup with last season ? matt murray

to me when i read that i read this, " we must play hank, he will get upset and then he might be mad and then what ?" play bad? um...... well, hes not playing that great now.

play hank and miss the playoffs ? wha ?

play raanta only 5 games more ? what if bad henrik continues to flop around and whiff on cream puffs ?

then what ?

play them BOTH. play who ever gives us the best chance to win

period.

Matt Murray was the best goaltender prospect in the entire league. And he was backing up MAF who lost his job because he was injured, but also had the reputation of being hot garbage in the playoffs specifically.

Not really comparable to Hank-Raanta.

And it's not about Hank's feelings. It's about him being able to work into a rhythm. That is a real thing, it's not made up. Play through the struggles and find his game.

This team isn't winning anything with Raanta. Unless you think possible playoff games will be similar to his 4 game run before. He was good, but only the Chicago game was a tough one. He faced under 20 shots in the other two. People acting like Raanta is more than he is because of a good 4 game stretch is insane. He's a good backup, maybe could be a 1B one day, but to think he's going to step in and lead the team to the playoffs is crazy. Our best chance is to do everything we can to help Hank find his form. Not because of his feelings, but because it's the best chance.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Matt Murray was the best goaltender prospect in the entire league. And he was backing up MAF who lost his job because he was injured, but also had the reputation of being hot garbage in the playoffs specifically.

And it's not about Hank's feelings. It's about him being able to work into a rhythm. That is a real thing, it's not made up. Play through the struggles and find his game.

This team isn't winning anything with Raanta. Unless you think possible playoff games will be similar to his 4 game run before. He was good, but only the Chicago game was a tough one. He faced under 20 shots in the other two. People acting like Raanta is more than he is because of a good 4 game stretch is insane. He's a good backup, maybe could be a 1B one day, but to think he's going to step in and lead the team to the playoffs is crazy. Our best chance is to do everything we can to help Hank find his form. Not because of his feelings, but because it's the best chance.

Raanta+Cap Space= Stanley Cup Champs.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
this is just :amazed: :shakehead

i do not understand this fear of playing raanta and the corresponding belief that playing hank is the only way to the playoffs. and once there, hank is the only way to the cup.

ive read that alot here. i dont get it.

who did the pens win the cup with last season ? matt murray

to me when i read that i read this, " we must play hank, he will get upset and then he might be mad and then what ?" play bad? um...... well, hes not playing that great now.

play hank and miss the playoffs ? wha ?

play raanta only 5 games more ? what if bad henrik continues to flop around and whiff on cream puffs ?

then what ?

play them BOTH. play who ever gives us the best chance to win

period.

I dont even know where to begin. Good thing GSC explained it for you

Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Sabres forwards have given us some trouble the last two times we've played them, and we absolutely cannot play down to them. They wreak havoc around Hank and have forced our d into making some really stupid plays. Klein's giveaway and subsequent failed slide against Justin Bailey is what got him benched last time.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global

I dont understand why this is so hard to grasp.

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
No pirri tn....thank the lord.

AV rewarding JV with 1st line and 1st PP mins because he scored a goal from behind the goal line is classic AV though

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Raanta+Cap Space= Stanley Cup Champs.

lets think about that

do we need good henrik to win a cup ? i mean, with this roster right now, prob not gonna happen.

could we win a cup without hank and with raanta plus the cap space if hank weren't here ?

interesting thought.

you add 2 players for that 8.5 mil and play raanta and i think an argument could be made, and a strong one, that this team isnt worse and in fact, may well be better.

the last season and a half henrik and his 8.5 mil + playoffs this year = ?

OR

raanta plus 8.5 mil to spend elsewhere + playoffs this year = ?

hmmmm..... :naughty:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
lets think about that

do we need good henrik to win a cup ? i mean, with this roster right now, prob not gonna happen.

could we win a cup without hank and with raanta plus the cap space if hank weren't here ?

interesting thought.

you add 2 players for that 8.5 mil and play raanta and i think an argument could be made, and a strong one, that this team isnt worse and in fact, may well be better.

OR

Is this a parody?

rvdnsx

Jun 30, 2003
lets think about that

interesting thought.

OR

As much as Hank has done for the NYR, you have a point here. Look at the last few Stanley Cup winning goalies:

Matt Murray
Corey Crawford
Jonathan Quick (exception)
Tim Thomas
Antti Niemi

Other then Quick, you don't see Lundqvist, Rinne, Price, etc.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
AV put Vesey back with Stepan and Nash because the three of them play very well together and it spreads depth throughout the lineup nicely.

Vesey-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Zibanejad-Buch/Zucc
Millers-Hayes-Buch/Zucc
Grabner-4C-Fast

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
AV put Vesey back with Stepan and Nash because the three of them play very well together and it spreads depth throughout the lineup nicely.

Vesey-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Zibanejad-Buch/Zucc
Millers-Hayes-Buch/Zucc
Grabner-4C-Fast

Yeah i guess hat two months of hot garbage play from him gets forgotten because he scored a laughable goal last game. That's such an AV decision

McD37

Oct 10, 2016

Good 4 game stretch? What about that game in Edmonton, Pittsburgh game Rangers won, game in Boston and many more games Raanta gave us reliable goaltending and best chance to win. Support Hank all you want, but do not understate what Raanta did this season.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Good 4 game stretch? What about that game in Edmonton, Pittsburgh game Rangers won, game in Boston and many more games Raanta gave us reliable goaltending and best chance to win. Support Hank all you want, but do not understate what Raanta did this season.

That 4 game stretch is when everyone seemed to think he could be a starter.

Before that, he did his job. Played well when called upon as the back up.

McD37

Oct 10, 2016
AV should ride Hank hard for the rest of the season regardless of his play. If Hank manages to get his **** together then we might do some damage in the playoffs. If not and we end up not making the playoffs then so be it. As much as i love Raanta this team is not going anywhere with him. Might as well have a rested team ready for next season.

Great idea. Who cares about post-season? The most important thing is to get Lundqvist going. I am looking forward to watching Hank get two shutouts in game 81 and 82 when Rangers are out of the playoffs. Play better goalie. I hope it will be Lundqvist, if he will not, play Raanta.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hope Lundqvist responds tonight. Need him to get into a rhythm.

I think he will bounce back tonight. Maybe too many days off for the ASG. I don't know just hate to think he is done or will never be the same again. Maybe it's denial. don't know.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Yeah i guess hat two months of hot garbage play from him gets forgotten because he scored a laughable goal last game. That's such an AV decision

I'm not saying he was as good as his first two months, but the kid was playing with Pirri and Lindberg who have both been so awful recently and worse than Vesey. I didn't even bring up his goal against Korpisalo, I was referring to their earlier results from this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad