GDT: [#50] Stars @ Bolts 6:00 CT (BSSW+, ESPN+) - Must win

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Not so much, I've been bored most of the season TBH.

I usually watch 90% of the games every season, in full.

This year, I don't think I've watched more than 5-10 in full.

The style of play, the skill on the ice, zero fans in the stands, low emotion, makes it very boring and not exciting to watch.

Understood. I punted on my season tickets, saving them for next year when healthier, but also just not feeling this regular season would be that special, in general, and because the Stars were likely to come back down to earth, with the injuries, etc. I have gone to 3 games at AAC (all wins!) as a guest of another STH, and I really have no problem skipping them on TV if there is almost anything else to do. So, instead of 90% of games, I watch less, although more than 10 in full.

The low fan count doesn't bother me on TV with all the piped in crowd noise....my ears aren't good enough to notice the difference.

Overall, I still like watching the Stars, and will watch the Mavs only if I need to treat insomnia.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I don't know why people always complain about the drop pass. It's kind of well-established as being extremely effective. As used by Dallas? Maybe not.

image-asset.png

Granted. This was in 2016, so I don't know how much has changed. But Dallas' PP has more problems (at least recently) than one drop pass play that bit them in the arse. The 2-D setup is known to be worse, and for some reason Robertson is not on the unit with Hintz. Which is the kind of galaxy brain logic I've come to expect from this coaching staff, but whatever. Stack your first unit with your four best forwards and your best offensive defenseman, play them more than the second unit, and damn the rest. And good lord get Lindell the F' off both of them.
They refused to use it earlier in the year for some reason . They could not gain the zone , at all . Only zone time was off a face off . Atleast now they gain the zone every once and a while .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad