GDT: [#50] Stars @ Bolts 6:00 CT (BSSW+, ESPN+) - Must win

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Didn’t watch the whole game (thank god) but looks like once again they played well enough to win and lost. Extra frustrating that they gifted 2 goals to the Lightning.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Idk how hurt Klingberg is but if thats how he plays injured he should sit out because he's not been good since coming back.

Linus Bryksa

Mar 2, 2021
did we get a shot on net in the 3rd period? oh yeah 2 - this team is so messed up playing Bowness hockey - the good thing is one more loss and pretty unlikely playoffs happen! Golf and other stuff that matters! Seguin and Radulov will make a little difference next season and so will Bishop - but this team is doomed to crap status for the next few years!

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
To make things worse, Kaprizov scored the game tying goal for Minnesota with under a minute left to play to send them to OT

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
To make things worse, Kaprizov scored the game tying goal for Minnesota with under a minute left to play to send them to OT
That's a problem why?
Robertson isn't going to get the calder even if he had more points. He plays in dallas

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
That mistake was on Klinger but the Powerplay is so appalling, I don't understand how the special teams coaching can be allowed to continue in employment
The mistake was Heiskanen whipping a terrible pass to Klingberg’s backhand while a Bolt was bearing down on him. If you’re going to do that backwards pass thing on the PP, at least make it a decent pass.

But this team them turned the puck over three more times in their own end on the PP after the goal.

These guys look mentally worn down. Lots of bad passes and bad decisions.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The mistake was Heiskanen whipping a terrible pass to Klingberg’s backhand while a Bolt was bearing down on him. If you’re going to do that backwards pass thing on the PP, at least make it a decent pass.

But this team them turned the puck over three more times in their own end on the PP after the goal.

These guys look mentally worn down. Lots of bad passes and bad decisions.

I mean Klingberg got control of it and then tried to dangle around Coleman. Equally if not even more his fault

The drop pass is so stupid though, why is Heiskanen not the one receiving the drop pass he's the Stars best entry guy...

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Stars are a one-line team right now. A good defensive team will shut that line down on the road and then they just don't score. They didn't give Tampa much either but made 2 massive mistakes and then just couldn't score themselves.

It's why the badly need Seguin back to finish in the playoffs. The game on saturday would als be decide pretty much everybody but now its even bigger. Win and they can get in ( rest program is very difficult ). Lose and they don't.

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Stars are probably the worst matched to play a team with a goalie like vasilevsky .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
My fear/opinion is that between the road schedule, teams they play (about 3 good, 1 even, 2 worse teams) and the fact that they tend to be streaky, means they are starting a negative trend towards more losses the next few games, and a position out of the PO. Of course, if they beat NSH Saturday, it's game on!

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
No shot Robertson wins the Calder anymore IMO.

Also, I am wondering if we even make the playoffs.

This team is so unbearable to watch I pretty much stopped again, I lasted about 5 minutes last night.

Reactions: Kcb12345

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I don't know why people always complain about the drop pass. It's kind of well-established as being extremely effective. As used by Dallas? Maybe not.

image-asset.png

Granted. This was in 2016, so I don't know how much has changed. But Dallas' PP has more problems (at least recently) than one drop pass play that bit them in the arse. The 2-D setup is known to be worse, and for some reason Robertson is not on the unit with Hintz. Which is the kind of galaxy brain logic I've come to expect from this coaching staff, but whatever. Stack your first unit with your four best forwards and your best offensive defenseman, play them more than the second unit, and damn the rest. And good lord get Lindell the F' off both of them.

Reactions: DieselPig

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Was it bearable two games ago, when they won?

Not so much, I've been bored most of the season TBH.

I usually watch 90% of the games every season, in full.

This year, I don't think I've watched more than 5-10 in full.

The style of play, the skill on the ice, zero fans in the stands, low emotion, makes it very boring and not exciting to watch.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don't know why people always complain about the drop pass. It's kind of well-established as being extremely effective. As used by Dallas? Maybe not.

image-asset.png

Granted. This was in 2016, so I don't know how much has changed. But Dallas' PP has more problems (at least recently) than one drop pass play that bit them in the arse. The 2-D setup is known to be worse, and for some reason Robertson is not on the unit with Hintz. Which is the kind of galaxy brain logic I've come to expect from this coaching staff, but whatever. Stack your first unit with your four best forwards and your best offensive defenseman, play them more than the second unit, and damn the rest. And good lord get Lindell the F' off both of them.
The drop pass thing gets frustrating when done poorly like we saw last night because if you whip a bad pass back to your last defender who then can't get a handle on it, it's breakaway city the other way, which is a guaranteed goal against when Oettinger is in net.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
The drop pass thing gets frustrating when done poorly like we saw last night because if you whip a bad pass back to your last defender who then can't get a handle on it, it's breakaway city the other way, which is a guaranteed goal against when Oettinger is in net.

Sure. But I don't think it's a coincidence that it happened on a Miro/Kling interchange. The whole point of the drop-pass is to catch PK'ers flat footed when they slow down to hold the line. Your forwards will have a better sense of how to take advantage of that since they're more often the ones transitioning from zone to zone. Are Miro and Kling perfectly good players at entering/exiting the zone? Of course. But I'd argue that's just as much a failure of execution as it is a failure of concept.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->