50 For Draisaitl

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The guy can shoot the puck. 50 goals, and 100 pts in a season is an exclusive club. Leon is now in that exclusive club. What a talent, the guy can shoot the puck that few can, he can pass like few can. Just a terrific player.

Can play all 3 forward positions and excel on the PP and PK.

Pretty damn versatile. Triggerman or playmaker, he can fill that role.

kovnik

Zadorov for Norris
Mar 28, 2008
What an achievement for him! Cologne represent!

UniqueNippyGoat-size_restricted.gif

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
I’ve had things to say about him this season, not flattering but this is special. I never denied he wasn’t fantastic or a great player, I was also never one of those guys who thought he was overpaid either. I only mentioned he failed every time he was given the keys from both mclellan and Hitchcock to drive a second line and even still gets to play with the best player in the world every shift and on every powerplay. But nobody gets carried to fifty goals I mean the only other guy who could of been was cheechpo in 05-06 by prime Thornton, but drai has done more then fifty he’s gotten 105 pts and honestly if he’s got prime mcdavid on his line then next few years which looks like he will, I could see some 120 pt years. Does mcdavid help? Absolutely he does but it can go both ways too and I felt heated about the better then Eichel posts, Eichel has gotten to 82 while missing three weeks and no Connor McDavid so I would refuse to even entertain that possibility but anyway Leon is damn good. And deserves respect.

It would be ignorant to suggest he was carried and didn’t also help mcdavid pick up a lot of pts this year, not that Connor needed to be helped obviously but yeah. Moving forward Edmonton would be better off having two scoring lines though, I mean if draisaitl is this good he shouldn’t need anyone and it shouldn’t matter if your wingers are lucid or reider. If all the attention goes to mcdavid, and your a fifty goal hundred pt player you should be able to produce some secondary scoring, just throw nuge and Yamamoto with him and get someone else with rattle with mcdavid. It’s not ideal but it’s a start IMO. Draisaitl would do good on that second line if given a long enough opportunity. He was something else in the 17 playoffs and then this year it’s other level.

Last edited:
Reactions: zar and B33K33PING

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Amazing season. You guys need help with the cap. I think he should trade him to the islanders. Or can we at least barrow him for the playoffs?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Can play all 3 forward positions and excel on the PP and PK.

Pretty damn versatile. Triggerman or playmaker, he can fill that role.

He's a great player that is a product of himself, and he is signed to a modest 8.5M for a lot of years left. Anyone that does not think so, really needs to watch Leon play more. Because he is that good.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Yes, Draisaitl is totally comparable to Cheechoo. Just when I thought the main boards couldn't get any dumber.

I just brought up cheechoo, though I didn’t compare them in the “see!? its just like him sense I was more Respectful to draisaitl”!but can’t believe someone else did already above me.

I guess he won’t get proper credit from everyone unTIL it’s seen from different angles. But helped or hit fifty goals and hundred Pts its fifty goals and a hundred pts!

Some people said sather messier people would see how smart or good the really were if Wayne left Edmonton, then he did and they won the cup in 1990.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It is comparable. Sorry but Draisaitl is not the best goalscorer in the league. Ovie will lose like he already has to Cheechoo. Thornton fought really hard to get Cheechoo the Rocket and he did.

Top 3 pick. Memorial Cup MVP, WHL playoff MVP.

Already has a top 10 point finish plus 3 straight 70 plus points.

Anyways, this is bait.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
It's quite amazing. I followed him in the WHL and knew he was a playmaking beast. That sick backhand saucer is/was money. But he's really learn to fire quickly without hesitation - either his one timer, tips, or wrist shots.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Draisaitl is not the same player as Cheechoo at all but yall gotta stop underrating Cheechoo. He was a lethal goalscorer before injuries sapped away his already almost non existant mobility. imo Cheechoo benefited Thornton alot which people never gave him credit for. Take Setoguchi, Marleau, Pavelski, etc. None of them had the 93 goals two year peak Cheechoo had playing with Thornton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad