50 For Draisaitl

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008
Historic season for Leon. First Oiler to score 50 goals in 32 years and the first player to go 50-50 since 2012. I would be shocked if he is ever able to match his production this year but man oh man everyone who said he wasn't worth 8.5 million (myself and almost everyone else in Edmonton included) can feel free to eat some crow. As dire as the situation looks in Edmonton with the bad contracts and no depth outside of three forwards, having Drai and McDavid locked up for the next seven years should accelerate the healing process.

I realize this will last about three posts before the only topic being discussed is how bad the Oilers are so just to speak on behalf of Edmonton fans and get this out of the way: Katz needs to fire everyone previously associated with the organization in any way shape or form. Played for the Oilers in the 80s? Gone. Involved in any decision making for the club in the previous three decades? Gone. When discussing solutions you do as much as mention the word culture? Gone. Your brother worked in ticket sales for the Oil Kings five years ago? Gone. Seriously get rid of everyone, hire a manager who isn't actively sabotaging the club with every transaction, double the budget for scouting and recruit a bunch of nerds from NASA to run the analytics department. Playoff team in two years.

Last edited:

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I was shocked to found out he is the first Oiler to score this many since the 87 season...

I mean, they didn't have one in that 88 season???

Reactions: Devonator

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
giphy.gif

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Heck of a player. Huge for German hockey that’s seen an uptick with the Olympics result

Reactions: Fixxer

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The guy can shoot the puck. 50 goals, and 100 pts in a season is an exclusive club. Leon is now in that exclusive club. What a talent, the guy can shoot the puck that few can, he can pass like few can. Just a terrific player.

Reactions: Sacul

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Incredible player. Simply fantastic all around guy whose shot is ridiculously lethal.

Got over 2 periods to either share or take the Rocket from Ovechkin. Wouldn't bet against him.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Not even comparable. Like at all.
It is comparable. Sorry but Draisaitl is not the best goalscorer in the league. Ovie will lose like he already has to Cheechoo. Thornton fought really hard to get Cheechoo the Rocket and he did.

Reactions: biotk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad