Post-Game Talk: #50 | FLYERS at Capitals | Wed., Jan. 31, 2018, 8:00 pm ET

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They're moving toward this, just watch the minutes played.

This is on Hextall, not Hakstol, playing Leier won't make a bit of difference, he wasn't doing anything when he played, and the only other fix is Alt over Manning. Major changes require trades, cuts and promotions, not shuffling a bunch of scrubs around.

Hakstol is already playing Couts and Giroux 20+ minutes a night, which is too much for the long haul, and he's got Voracek close to 20 minutes.
Konecny and Patrick are getting increased minutes, Ghost is over 20+, Gudas is approaching 20 (but his pairings limit his usage).
That tells me he's trying not to play his other players - but you can only ride your best players so far.

I think it comes down to Hextall pulling the trigger, and he's pretty close.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hey man I agree but I think Hexy wants to trade Lethera and Filp and hoping the more they play the more he gets for both. I'm hard on this team but I wouldn't that whole bottom except Laughton and bring up the kids and maybe even trade a couple picks to add some real bottom six players.
If Hextall trades Lehtera or Filppula I'll build him a statue myself. :laugh:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Neuvirth sure did suck. Shades of Leighton and Bryz rolled into one goalie.

Manning was even worse. There is no justification for having him continue to play over Sanheim. None.

I asked the question earlier and I may have missed if it was answered, the Ice Cap show on Sirius was saying Neuvirth felt ill after the 1st period. did he bother to say anything at all?
I still like Hagg if he is used right. problem right now he isnt.
Manning is just wow, I am beginning to run out of words.
I mean right now, I would take Alt over him. At least he knows his limitations and plays within it. If Manning would play a keep it simple stupid mentality he may not be so terrible and hated. maybe.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
They're moving toward this, just watch the minutes played.

This is on Hextall, not Hakstol, playing Leier won't make a bit of difference, he wasn't doing anything when he played, and the only other fix is Alt over Manning. Major changes require trades, cuts and promotions, not shuffling a bunch of scrubs around.

Hakstol is already playing Couts and Giroux 20+ minutes a night, which is too much for the long haul, and he's got Voracek close to 20 minutes.
Konecny and Patrick are getting increased minutes, Ghost is over 20+, Gudas is approaching 20 (but his pairings limit his usage).
That tells me he's trying not to play his other players - but you can only ride your best players so far.

I think it comes down to Hextall pulling the trigger, and he's pretty close.

Hakstol is the one who chose Hagg, continues to choose Filppula, continues to choose MacDonald, and continues to pigeonhole Laughton. There is no way around this. They're both in this together.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Manning went downhill when he got paired with Gudas.
But that's the price of pairing Provorov with Ghost.

And yes, it's frustrating - but realistically without riding Elliott they don't have a chance.
And can Elliott hold up.
Neuvirth is even more frustrating than Manning, because he shows flashes that he can give you 25-30 above average games, which he has done some years, they he goes out and just looks putrid. At least Manning is down to 12 minutes, how do you hide a goalie?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This embarassing decision making has been going on dating back to last season.

The core players on this team are propping up the coach and GM just enough to hide the organizations flaws to the rest of the NHL and to the casual portion of the Flyers fanbase.

This team is in a Wild Card position IN SPITE of these morons.

They all need to go. Hakstol has demonstrated is incompetence for 2 seasons now. Hextall has proven that he has no idea what phase 2 of a retool looks like.

If only they did the bare minimum that they are paid to do and used the best 12 forwards and best 6 defensemen available to them..

WHY IS THAT SO f***ING HARD?

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
The defence by Manning on the second goal is so bad it’s almost unbelievable. He looks, he sees Stephenson, he wanders further left. It’s like it’s intentional. Absolutely staggering lack of basic hockey defenseman IQ.

The third was almost as bad, no effort to take the scorer out of the play. Just have it sir. Thank you sir.

And don’t get me started on Neuvirth. Manning sucks because he sucks naturally. There’s absolutely no excuse for not paying attention. He cost us the game with that shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad