Post-Game Talk: #50 - 2/1/20 | RANGERS @ red wings

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
If Kreider indeed does come back in the next game or two, he really is indestructible.

Reactions: bl02

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
OK, so could anyone who’s smarter give it a try to explain how “upper body” label is more appropriate than “concussion” here? Clear as day the organization internally created a very narrow definition for concussion that somehow eliminates even the most obvious head injuries that would clearly fall into this category elsewhere (in the real world).

Last edited:

Leetch94

Oct 3, 2019
I think it comes from the league, just like football they acknowledge a problem but ultimately pretend like it's not really a problem.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
OK, so could anyone who’s smarter give it a try to explain how “upper body” label is more appropriate than “concussion” here? Clear as day the organization internally created a very narrow definition for concussion that somehow eliminates even the most obvious head injuries that would clearly fall into this category elsewhere (in the real world).

If it is a concussion then this has been the status quo for awhile now. How many teams come out and say "concussion" anymore? It's always UBI and read between the lines.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Tough to say, but the angle made it look like he took the knee behind the ear. It doesn't take much force to knock off anyone's equilibrium when getting hit there, which is why he may have been skating off as if he had a leg injury.

A concussion is possible if not probable but I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If it is a concussion then this has been the status quo for awhile now. How many teams come out and say "concussion" anymore? It's always UBI and read between the lines.

Sure but dishonest if asked heads on especially when it’s been not even days - weeks to make a proper determination.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Tough to say, but the angle made it look like he took the knee behind the ear. It doesn't take much force to knock off anyone's equilibrium when getting hit there, which is why he may have been skating off as if he had a leg injury.

A concussion is possible if not probable but I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Yeah, I’d have no problem with this line if there wasn’t a recent situation with Zibanejad.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004

Lawyers.

Source: I'm a lawyer.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
The vagueness of "upper body injury" is supposed to prevent targeting when the players return from injury, but there's been evidence that not disclosing injuries has done more harm than good. It allows teams to hide serious injuries such as concussions without any accountability from the media/public.

Reactions: kovazub94

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Zadina....played all of 28 games in the NHL and has 15 points. That kid has STAR written all over him and he looked it at times on some shifts . Wings have a good one there . Add in 3-4 other young kids and a strong pick this deep draft and they will likely rebound fast enough with Yzerman at the helm . On another note....I had the Wings feed via satellite here in Canada and Mickey Redmond was unreal funny in the two games . He was still the ultimate homer color commentator , but he told some extremely funny stories from the last 50 years . The first one was when he was there in NY in 68-69? as a Hab rookie . He was sitting in the bus with a new suit on and the window open when somebody threw an egg in that connected with him....said he always kept the window up after that in NYC . Then they showed him walking up the back way of MSG...he was completely out of puff...I actually thought that was a dangerous stunt by the broadcast crew him being 70ish . They had a few funny circus elephant lines too . LOL...was also a few Ranger stories but myself being near 60 I can't remember them right now...but they will come back I hope . :)

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
The announcers also were talking on how it was Saturday night in Detroit and in the old days when he played the players always wanted to get it done and get downtown . The play by play guy talked about the restaurants and Mickey chipped in with..." the downtown offered up much more then fine restaurants" and he chuckled . The other guy knew what he meant...those guys did a lot of drinking and such LOL....

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
The announcers also were talking on how it was Saturday night in Detroit and in the old days when he played the players always wanted to get it done and get downtown . The play by play guy talked about the restaurants and Mickey chipped in with..." the downtown offered up much more then fine restaurants" and he chuckled . The other guy knew what he meant...those guys did a lot of drinking and such LOL....
To clarify a bit- it was one of the million times Detroit tried to step on the puck to freeze it and the Ref was like 'not tonight boys, keep it going I ain't blowin' and the Detroit announcers had fun with it. Good restaurants, ref probably has plans. I enjoyed their calls for the two games.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Zadina....played all of 28 games in the NHL and has 15 points. That kid has STAR written all over him and he looked it at times on some shifts .
He looked pretty good at times, I agree. But on the final shift with their goalie pulled I liked seeing Zadina hang onto the puck with no one on him for like 5-6 seconds just forehand backhanding it, looking for a non-existent opening with no one moving on either team as the play ground to a screeching hault. It killed the play and made me feel better about Kakko a bit lol (who is not doing that as much to his credit)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad