Post-Game Talk: #50 - 2/1/20 | RANGERS @ red wings

3 Stars of the Game

• Total voters

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
If we can't move Kreider at the deadline because he's concussed that's an issue. We held on to Yandle and traded him right before free agency and only got a 4th and a 6th for him. That would not be a good return for Kreider.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Not sure if it's been discussed anywhere but henke's post game press conference/interview was really something tonight. You could tell it's hurting him to not be the guy anymore. He stopped mid words and thought a couple of times searching for words to answer questions and still be pro team/organization while still being honest about what he's going through.

For me personally it was very difficult to see the face of the franchise for so long kind of publically acknowledging he's not the guy anymore and he's trying to adjust while he still yearns to be that guy and to be leading the team into battle.

Whoot Whoot

Biased Rangers Fan
Feb 28, 2007
Los Angeles
Not sure if it's been discussed anywhere but henke's post game press conference/interview was really something tonight. You could tell it's hurting him to not be the guy anymore. He stopped mid words and thought a couple of times searching for words to answer questions and still be pro team/organization while still being honest about what he's going through.

For me personally it was very difficult to see the face of the franchise for so long kind of publically acknowledging he's not the guy anymore and he's trying to adjust while he still yearns to be that guy and to be leading the team into battle.
agree
i’m not digging the disrespect

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I brought this up literally yesterday and was dismissed.

I was worried last TD and am more so this run

You figure at some point it is bound to happen. It’s also a reason I hate having these things linger. Sometimes you can’t help it, but it is still u enjoyable for me.

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Is there any other team in the league that steps on the puck to kill a play more than Detroit?

I understand yesterday because it was the PK. But they did it a handful of times today. Snooze hockey

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden

He played two games in january while he has been the starter for almost his entire career. It was 15 years ago he wasn't.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Is there any other team in the league that steps on the puck to kill a play more than Detroit?

I understand yesterday because it was the PK. But they did it a handful of times today. Snooze hockey
Detroit has taken this as their credo: hook, trip, hold, slash as much as possible because the refs won’t call penalties on losers and even if they do, they can’t call ‘em all.

It wasn’t even an NHL-level game, it was a freak show. Getting out of that home-and-home with four points is pretty impressive.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's business and the Rangers first job is to win and so you put your best team on the ice but also have an eye on the now and what's coming tomorrow. We've watched lots of players being replaced the last several years who had been here for a long time--McDonagh, Nash, Girardi, Miller, Zuccarello, Hayes. Perhaps Kreider and Fast this year but Henrik and Staal's days are numbered. Their replacements are knocking at the door. Henrik by far was the Rangers best player of the last two decades and a HOF'er to be but he's in the way of two guys who are ready right now and both of them are much younger and much cheaper.
'
Henrik was fantastic last night though. He's still a pretty good goalie. He might be able to play another 3 or 4 years but there's no way we should give him $8.5 mil again and if you've got young guys who are ready you go with them.

That hit to Kreider could compromise moving him. Head injuries are funny---sometimes they might not look like much but Zibanejad is a very powerful skater and taking his knee to the side of the head. Chris got up and didn't look super shaky but it's not always easy to tell. If we can't trade him we'll have to re-visit what it will take to re-sign him because trading him off before the UFA market opens up July 1 is not going to bring us a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->