GDT: #50 – Rangers at Sabres – Thu Feb 2, 7:30PM ET – NBCSN

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Okposo was absolute trash, Jack was garbage. Girgensons, Gianta and Kane were great.

Okposo has been bad for about 20 games. His issues were masked by the big goals vs Detroit and in Nashville. But he's been off for over a month.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I've been stopped at the border for 55 minutes, I need to vent. Bro

No problem venting ... with logic and reason. It won't be questioned or challenged.

Vent away.

Oh and the border sucks when it takes more than 20-25 to get over. I feel your pain.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
And those are points being made by several different posters.

Some were making the Falk/Fedun point
Others were making the Gorges point
Others were making the Franson point
And others were making the Kulikov point
But most are making the too many minutes for Risto point

It's not all the same posters mostly. Perhaps one or two "negative Nancy/all things Sabres suck" posters hate all the above.

The point remains the same that given the injuries we don't have another option. I'm far from being a bylsma supporter but force feeding his words about reducing risto's workload isn't cut and dry. I put my vcash, name, avatar whatever on it that if risto got 22 minutes and someone like falk saw 20 mins in a game to " reduce the load" wed all be pitching in around here to walk people back off the ledge. There is no other option right now. Maybe when mccabe and Gorges and now bogo are back we can toss risto a break for a game or two but it's just not realistic right now.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
No problem venting ... with logic and reason. It won't be questioned or challenged.

Vent away.

Oh and the border sucks when it takes more than 20-25 to get over. I feel your pain.

One lane being shared between Canada and USA

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Okposo has been bad for about 20 games. His issues were masked by the big goals vs Detroit and in Nashville. But he's been off for over a month.

I've noticed it as well, and have it at around the same timeframe. You're kinder than I am in saying those goals masked anything. He had **** games for the majority of both of those contests, too.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I've noticed it as well, and have it at around the same timeframe. You're kinder than I am in saying those goals masked anything. He had **** games for the majority of both of those contests, too.

He he buried even half the chance put on his stick he'd have 30 goals already. The poster comparing him to Stafford might be spot on...someone competent along the boards and defensively. Has a small amount of jam to his game, scores I'm buckets and disappears...

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
He he buried even half the chance put on his stick he'd have 30 goals already. The poster comparing him to Stafford might be spot on...someone competent along the boards and defensively. Has a small amount of jam to his game, scores I'm buckets and disappears...

Go through the official Okposo signing thread ... it was pointed out from the getup

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
What point does Murray have a sit down with Eichel.

When he's not developing anymore and still struggles defensively.

I don't think he flat out sucks 100% of the time defensively. He just needs to develop and learn. To stop coasting at times. To watch video and be coached properly.

He'll get it eventually. Of that, I'm confident.

I'm not implying you don't think this, but some don't ...

I have patience for this 20 yr. old. Elite talent doesn't mean he plays or should play a mistake free game. Especially at this stage.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
What's he gonna say? Quit trying so hard?

He just needs to get some fairly obvious things out of his game, and his body language can be cringe worthy at times. I was right beside the bench, and there were times when I was just like come on kid. This isn't a big deal, but it's something he needs to improve upon.

Two examples stick out big time. He broke his stick, then leisurely goes to the bench to get a new one, he's lucky NY didn't move the puck quickly. The other was in the second period I believe, the next centre was waiting to jump on the ice and Jack just coasts half the ice if not more to make a change. It's obvious he's hard on himself but you can also see the entitlement at times.

Last edited:

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
What point does Murray have a sit down with Eichel.

"Jack, I'm sorry this dimwit coach has given you no puck support your entire career. I'm sorry that my crappy wingers can't handle your passes, I know you should have about 30 more assists than you do at this point. It's my fault your defense isn't good either, you need to get better defensively but that will come, right now the system and its players are just showcasing your deficiencies there. When we can bring in a coach that gives you and the defensemen puck support and allows you to move as a unit and build plays and exploit space as a whole team, your point totals will explode and you'll really start to get this game. It happens very soon. Hang in there. Oh, and here's 8x$8mil. I'm sorry for wasting your whole ELC with this buffoon."

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
"Jack, I'm sorry this dimwit coach has given you no puck support your entire career. I'm sorry that my crappy wingers can't handle your passes, I know you should have about 30 more assists than you do at this point. It's my fault your defense isn't good either, you need to get better defensively but that will come, right now the system and its players are just showcasing your deficiencies there. When we can bring in a coach that gives you and the defensemen puck support and allows you to move as a unit and build plays and exploit space as a whole team, your point totals will explode and you'll really start to get this game. It happens very soon. Hang in there. Oh, and here's 8x$8mil. I'm sorry for wasting your whole ELC with this buffoon."

Do you make this many excuses in your everyday life?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He just needs to get some fairly obvious things out of his game, and his body language can be cringe worthy at times. I was right beside the bench, and there were times when I was just like come on kid. This isn't a big deal, but it's something he needs to improve upon.

Two examples stick out big time. He broke his stick, then leisurely goes to the bench to get a new one, he's lucky NY didn't move the puck quickly. The other was in the second period I believe, the next centre was waiting to jump on the ice and Jack just coasts half the ice if not more to make a change. It's obvious he's hard on himself but you can also see the entitlement at times.

So to you this warrants a sit down with the GM of the team?! That's what we employ coaches for to catch things like that and make him do sprints. Jack is the least of our concerns and you're muddling up our failure by nitpicking things even professionals do on a regular basis.

If you wanna really get ballsy and think outside the box you make jack summer with Ryan orielly instead of moulson or rooming with reinhart and see what happens...

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Spot on

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Do you make this many excuses in your everyday life?

Oh yeah, be grateful that I'm not a blight on your daily existence, that you don't know me.

Seriously, Jack's got a tude, but GMTM should be looking in a mirror too.

Jack's performed much more in line with my expectations during these past two years.

Buffalo's just now looking for a 4C, eh? This forum could have advised doing that eight freaking months ago.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Oh yeah, be grateful that I'm not a blight on your daily existence, that you don't know me.

Seriously, Jack's got a tude, but GMTM should be looking in a mirror too.

Jack's performed much more in line with my expectations during these past two years.

Buffalo's just now looking for a 4C, eh? This forum could have advised doing that eight freaking months ago.

He's on a roll ladies and gents...couldn't agree more again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad