GDT: #50 – Rangers at Sabres – Thu Feb 2, 7:30PM ET – NBCSN

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
He deserves criticism for his shortcomings and praise for his qualities

I don't know, singling out a guy when you get scored against on a PK is pretty dumb. Those things happen. Again, ROR standing still leading to the PK is much, much more egregious. But hey, maybe we should never get scored against on the PK. Have fun with that battle.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
ROR and Risto are tired. They played too much last year and wore down toward season end. The same thing is happening now.

Thanks, Dan.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Also, we need more out of Reinhart again.
Also, we need you to understand that a lot of the reason Eichel gets to make those super high talent awesome plays is because of Reinhart. We could break the two of them up so that Reinhart can go back to getting a point every game and Eichel can go back to playing with Kane and Gionta.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I don't know, singling out a guy when you get scored against on a PK is pretty dumb. Those things happen. Again, ROR standing still leading to the PK is much, much more egregious. But hey, maybe we should never get scored against on the PK. Have fun with that battle.

Maybe Disco Dan shouldn't have hobbled (probably) ROR lead all forwards in ice time. I'm amazed he can still move at all.

He'll probably lead all forwards in all games in the NHL tonight. Anybody with half a brain can see it limits him (same with Risto).

zbubble

Jul 29, 2005
Thank you. Just like any other player. I don't understand why people get so up tight about calling a bad play a bad play.

I think you guys are calling him out for the wrong thing. When I see the replay I see a guy who gets turned around, holds up and loses all momentum and is flat footed, and takes a desperate lunge to break up a pass when literally his only other option is to be a pylon. I think he expected Kreider to hold up at the point and he was going to be blocking a shot. Except Kreider never stopped movig.

In other words, I don't think he was intending to try and steal the pass all along. Its just a reaction after being caught in a bad position.

Last edited:

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
I think you guys are calling him out for the wrong thing. When I see the replay I see a guy who gets turned around, loses all momentum and is flat footed, and takes a desperate lunge to break up a pass when literally his only other option is to be a pylon.

In other words, I don't think he was intending to try and steal the pass all along. Its just a reaction after being caught in a bad position.

You could be right. I have to see everything live. Cant rewind.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Also, we need you to understand that a lot of the reason Eichel gets to make those super high talent awesome plays is because of Reinhart. We could break the two of them up so that Reinhart can go back to getting a point every game and Eichel can go back to playing with Kane and Gionta.

True, Reinhart is the reason Eichel can skate and stick handle better than 99.9% of the world.

And, actually, putting Eichel with Kane and Gionta is not a bad idea right now. Those are our three best forwards going.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
2f07704286.png

Member when Bylsma wanted to reduce Risto's minutes?

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I mean, what do you want to do? We have three NHL caliber defenseman on this roster currently.

You have to play the others more. You can't ride Risto into the ground, regardless of whether or not it gives the team a better chance to win.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Yes, this game and the one where McCabe went down are obviously outliers. But we're not talking about a few games here, we're talking all season long.

This is a no win situation with some of you folks around here...you don't walk falk or fedun in the lineup, you don't want gorges getting big minutes, at first we didn't want franson getting big minutes, there was the crowd who wanted to ease kulikov back in on the third pairing to help him in regards to his health...then the icing on the cake is people don't want risto eating big minutes...again. something has to give there....

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
This is a no win situation with some of you folks around here...you don't walk falk or fedun in the lineup, you don't want gorges getting big minutes, at first we didn't want franson getting big minutes, there was the crowd who wanted to ease kulikov back in on the third pairing to help him in regards to his health...then the icing on the cake is people don't want risto eating big minutes...again. something has to give there....

And those are points being made by several different posters.

Some were making the Falk/Fedun point
Others were making the Gorges point
Others were making the Franson point
And others were making the Kulikov point
But most are making the too many minutes for Risto point

It's not all the same posters mostly. Perhaps one or two "negative Nancy/all things Sabres suck" posters hate all the above.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Okposo was absolute trash, Jack was garbage. Girgensons, Gianta and Kane were great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad