5 years from now, which of these is the best player?: Matthews,Laine,DeBrincat,Tkachuk,McAvoy,Dubois

5 years from now, which of these is the best player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
How so???.

Really? A few players or never or at least not more than briefly had the hype or projected upside of Matthews vs Matthews. You have a defenceman in there but not Dahlin? No Eichel, Barzal, Draisaitl, not even Hughes, and of course not McDavid but I can get behind him being left out. You picked players that everyone can agree are good players, but made sure everyone is a tier below Matthews.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Really? A few players or never or at least not more than briefly had the hype or projected upside of Matthews vs Matthews. You have a defenceman in there but not Dahlin? No Eichel, Barzal, Draisaitl, not even Hughes, and of course not McDavid but I can get behind him being left out. You picked players that everyone can agree are good players, but made sure everyone is a tier below Matthews.

George Leafer is no Leafs fan.
He was hoping someone else would win.

Would've been better with Pettersson, Aho, Point
or he thinks Matthews is in this tier.

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

This has gotta be the worst sentence I’ve ever tried to read

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
George Leafer is no Leafs fan.
He was hoping someone else would win.

Would've been better with Pettersson, Aho, Point
or he thinks Matthews is in this tier.

Never said he was a leaf fan. Just that it’s a loaded poll. Think the results show I’m right

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
This has gotta be the worst sentence I’ve ever tried to read

Because my phone auto corrected the fourth word to “or” instead of “have” like I intended. That’s the worst sentence you’ve ever tried to read?

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Few players have ever had the hype of Auston Matthews for the reason that few players have ever been as overhyped as Auston Matthews.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
While I'm of the belief that he does get overrated a bit, this is Matthews until the others prove otherwise.

Jyrki Lumme

Generational User
Mar 5, 2014
Matthews. He's in an entirely different ballpark than any of the others. Not a fair poll.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Hmmm. A number one overall puck should probably win this against the lower picks. Really only Laine was a similar pick.

So you’re asking if the #1 draft pick from a draft will be better than the others from that draft?

How does being the #1 pick automatically make you better than others 8 years post draft.

Shall we ask the same question about the 2017 draft?

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
How does being the #1 pick automatically make you better than others 8 years post draft.

Shall we ask the same question about the 2017 draft?

So you’re saying you agree that all these players are comparable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad