Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

sublime0852

Feb 15, 2010
maine
Sweeney built this team. Built for the regular season. ''entertaining hockey'' as Neely said. We have seen what is required to win in the playoffs. Has Sweeney gone that route? Lots of teams will have cap money. The price of free agents will go up with all the money available. The top two prospects in Providence are the same size as Grzelcyk.
Again, please tell me where he went wrong, what you would have done different this past year plus?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I think the 'low battery' light is on for the Bruins. Not sure how much is left in the tank. Must-win G4 coming up. If they can throw the kitchen sink at it and snatch a victory then you never know where things go from there. But if they fall in a 3-1 hole then I really see no coming back from that. Florida clearly has the better legs.

As I said after the Leafs series, I'm happy with this year. That doesn't change. We'll see if Boston can rally but if not, so be it. The Panthers might be annoying but they're a damn good hockey team that plays above its paper strength (sounds familiar). No shame in losing to them, not this time.

Feel like this was the final nail in Ullmark's time as a Bruin, if there was any lingering doubt. This was the game to give him a start after Florida got at Sway in G2, but rightly or wrongly they didn't. Instead he got the junk shift coming on in relief to backstop a team that had stopped caring, then sent straight back to the bench for the next game. That's firm backup treatment. Maybe they go to him in G4, but it seems to me that the right moment has passed. None of which is a criticism of Swayman, who's done all that could be asked of him. Just an acknowledgement that the duo we've enjoyed for most of the last 3 years is over.

Last edited:

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Yeah again, real hard to see in real time, looked like a nothing hit with an unfortunate result.

THe slow-mo shows a WAAAAY different story.
As I said in the pre-game thread, “scrutinize closely” means that the Bruins will be scrutinized closely (witness Geekie and Lauko) while Florida will continue to get away with their crap (and indeed have it enabled). It’s really amazing how certain dirty teams, like Florida and St. Louis in 2019, are considered angelic while we’re the Big Bad Bruins whose violence must be reigned-in at all costs. It’s nauseating, really. Absolute joke of a league.

Edit: that said, come out on Sunday and skate, shoot and for the love of God hit! Go Bruins!!!!

sublime0852

Feb 15, 2010
maine
The last top 6 center drafted or traded for was Tyler Seguin, start there. Drafting Lysell over Johnston when they needed high end potential c’s is a freebie for your bingo card.
I guess I wasn’t talking about draft. Agreed that has been a weakness. I meant more of trades/ FA signings these past two years especially after they went for it all in like they did last year.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Was just coming here to post this.
Was hard to see it live since it looked like a reverse hit that Marchand just unfortunately got injured on.

Slow it down, and watch Bennett's right hand. Absolute scum bag greasey punch to the face.

I’d also like to see a reverse angle on that. It’d be pretty telling.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
He was not at all invisible he crushed Mikkola and was flying just cause he didn’t score on every chance or undress the team doesn’t mean he’s invisible. I’m sick of this narrative if he was invisible then the whole team was!

All be first to say he was not good enough but let’s pump the brakes on using him as a crotch for the Bruins issues plenty of blame to go around.

Yes I agree Lauko had a high energy game and if you haven’t played since what game 2 against Toronto you would think anyone would do anything to stay in the lineup.
He has more goals than 88, 13 and 18 COMBINED but 74 is invisible...lol.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Was just coming here to post this.
Was hard to see it live since it looked like a reverse hit that Marchand just unfortunately got injured on.

Slow it down, and watch Bennett's right hand. Absolute scum bag greasey punch to the face.

I just saw this on Twitter too - thanks. He wanted to punch Brad. No doubt. But again if Brad did it…….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad