GDT: #5 | Sat Oct12 | Pens @ Wild | 830pmEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Eh... I take your point but I'm alright moving on from Kessel in the balance. Though obviously it didn't have any positive impact on Malkin's health this year.

*sigh*

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
He should not have even made the opening night line'up. Not looking putrid for less than a handful of games shouldn't change anyone's perspective on a player with a rap sheet like JJ'S, but...that's the way the wind's blowing this week for some. I'll practice my not-shocked face for when water shortly finds its level again.

It'd be nice to see what Riikola could do with Marino.

I mean, it’s cool to complain about that but once again JJ has been one of the bright spots on the team for the past four games.

Granted. We should trade him immediately.

Last edited:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think that would mean missed playoffs though. Not really an option in our situation.
Again, I'm fine with missing the playoffs if it means we take the steps toward becoming a better team. With JR around, we won't, because he's simply incompetent.

Between the option of watching us make a mad scramble down the stretch to barely make the playoffs, resulting in a burnt out team come April and a quick exit, or firing the GM/coach, trading a guy like Schultz (before losing him for nothing this summer*) and spending the next 12 months taking the steps toward truly righting the ship and going for one more legit run at a Cup before Geno/Tanger are done in three years--I'm picking the latter 100% of the time.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Again, I'm fine with missing the playoffs if it means we take the steps toward becoming a better team. With JR around, we won't, because he's simply incompetent.

Between the option of watching us make a mad scramble down the stretch to barely make the playoffs, resulting in a burnt out team come April and a quick exit, or firing the GM/coach, trading a guy like Schultz and spending the next 12 months taking the steps toward truly righting the ship and going for one more legit run at a Cup before Geno/Tanger are done in three years--I'm picking the latter 100% of the time.
That's where we disagree. I don't see a 3 year window. I look at the cap next season and who we will lose, and I see one year with a marginal shot. This year.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I mean, it’s cool to complain about that but once again JJ has been one of the bright spots on the team for the past four games.

Granted. We should trade him immediately.

Has he though? His Corsi Rel is tied for the worst defenseman on the team.

It's good relative to his usual standard I guess, but that's not saying much.

Really missing Kessel’s elite scoring prowess of... *checks notes*

1 assist in 3 games.

His Corsi's through the roof though.

Which I'm sure will continue, since the most recent 3 game sample size is all that matters now apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad