GDT: #5 | Sat Oct12 | Pens @ Wild | 830pmEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
:pens at :wild

The .500 Penguins begin a northern swing to take on the winless-in-three Minnesota Wild

Basically guessing same lines as last game?
Guentzel--Crosby--Simon
Kahun--McCann--Hornqvist
Aston-Reese--Blueger--Tanev
Johnson--Blandisi--Lafferty

Dumoulin--Letang
Pettersson--Schultz
Johnson--Marino

Murray
Jarry

Possible Wild Lines
Foglino--Staal--Fiala
Zucker--Koivu--Zuccarello
Parise--Kunin--Greenway
Donato--Eriksson Ek--Hartman

Suter--Dumba
Brodin--Spurgeon
Soucy--Hunt

Dubnyk
Staylock

Lots of players on the Wild who have a knack for scoring against PIT.

9fa6373cc61aa45477838ccecf0d1906.jpg

Let's
Go
Pens!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If there ever was a NHL team our AHL squad had a chance to beat, it’s this one....I guess that means a 5-0 shutout for the Wild...

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
That lineup looks like a team we would ice in preseason.

Gross

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
That lineup looks like a team we would ice in preseason.

Gross

Actually that lineup just looks like you are sitting your 2nd line. Blueger’s 3rd line is usual 4th, and the McCann line as your 3rd. Just missing that Galchenyuk-Malkin-Rust or something like that in that 2nd line.

Defense looks about the best they can put out for now because I personally don’t think Riikola is an upgrade over Johnson who I think is fine on a 3rd pairing. Yes, overpaid but good PK and can handle 3rd pairing just fine. If that was your weakest spot on your team you would be fine. I think Gudbranson is gone by this weekend with him being benched for Marino. I think you are looking at your defensive pairings until closer to the deadline when Rutherford will add atleast a rental LD that can play top 4 if he can’t find a more permanent LD trade situation. He might want rental anyways if he thinks POJ will be ready next season.

For those who watch WBS games, how has POJ looked so far?

Also is a Lowry for Gudbranson type deal possible with Jets needing a RD? What’s the add? Rumors have it Rutherford is looking at Lowry, Tierney, snd Rowney as targets. JJ or Gudbranson going other way. Of course a big sweetener if Tierney.

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Thanks again EightyOne!!

Was just about to work on one. Makes it easy for me to copy and paste and just change the URL in the GDT lineup.

Hope they keep rewarding your efforts.

That... however, doesn't change we need more people to step up. PLEASE...!

Eightyone is playing through, I'll clean some things up and work on the next one.
raw

LGP!

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Crosby continues to do his thing, tonight. So long as every other line can play their matchups to a draw and the defense doesn't totally shit themselves, they got this one in similar fashion to how they just got the last one.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I put more effort into GDTs last year. I'll probably just be doing this type of mop up duty this year when no one's claimed them by midnight.

There's a LOT of games to be taken in the sign up thread, still. Come on, everyone!!

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I put more effort into GDTs last year. I'll probably just be doing this type of mop up duty this year when no one's claimed them by midnight.

There's a LOT of games to be taken in the sign up thread, still. Come on, everyone!!

I might have to get off my dead ass and actually pitch in for a change this year.

I'm just pretty beat down already this season. That Malkin injury right off the cut took a f***load of wind out of my sails, TBH.

Still... I'll look over the schedule and see if I can't sign up for a game or three. The GDTs would absolutely suck as far as presentation is concerned, though. I have no idea what I'm doing. Like... in general. But as far as formatting is concerned, in particular.

EightyOne

Nov 23, 2016
I might have to get off my dead ass and actually pitch in for a change this year.

I'm just pretty beat down already this season. That Malkin injury right off the cut took a ****load of wind out of my sails, TBH.

Still... I'll look over the schedule and see if I can't sign up for a game or three. The GDTs would absolutely suck as far as presentation is concerned, though. I have no idea what I'm doing. Like... in general. But as far as formatting is concerned, in particular.

A wall of SmugSully.gifs after a young player is traded would work.

Or can try to revive the WWE motiffs lol.

Or, when your thread sucks,, blame everyone else for NOT making it!

schommer75

Oct 2, 2010
Sitting is my home airport waiting to fly out (delayed 1.5 hours already) trying to make this game
2nd NHL game for me (first one was pens wild in 2011 with tang suspended, Crosby and Malkin hurt and Fluery resting) so the lineup looks great to me!
Let’s Go Pens!

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

I'll be toning mine down a good bit too.

I'm just pretty beat down already this season. That Malkin injury right off the cut took a ****load of wind out of my sails, TBH.

Bold: We would much appreciate that.

On the somber state of the team, just embrace the reverse comedy side of yourself.

We can help with the rest.:thumbu:

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Has all the makings of a very bland and unremarkable game, but hopefully we secure the two points!

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
So this is Jarry's then? Tougher game tomorrow.

Honestly dunno what I'd do as coach here. Go all-in for the win tonight with Murray? Give Jarry the weaker opponent to ease him into the season? Or play Murray in both?

Probably option 2 I guess.

Edit: It's Murray's start apparently. I thought he was just practicing with the scratches to keep him warm for tomorrow. My bad.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Bold: We would much appreciate that.

On the somber state of the team, just embrace the reverse comedy side of yourself.

We can help with the rest.:thumbu:

Yeah I feel like I should probably kick in some help. Not fair having the same crew do it over and over. I'll review the schedule when I get time and pick some dates.

As for the rest... it's appreciated but man... lots of disappointment already. Hopefully it's just getting out of the way early.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He’s on the team still and he has been arguably our most consistent D this year in his role.

He should not have even made the opening night line'up. Not looking putrid for less than a handful of games shouldn't change anyone's perspective on a player with a rap sheet like JJ'S, but...that's the way the wind's blowing this week for some. I'll practice my not-shocked face for when water shortly finds its level again.

It'd be nice to see what Riikola could do with Marino.

Reactions: LittleSpoon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad