GDT: #5: Pittsburgh Penguins@Tampa Bay Lightning | 10/12 7:00 PM ET| Tampa Bay Times Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Bort sits? That makes sense. Only because he's a rookie, right? **** Bylsma. Don't sit your good players. Rest your older guys who need the night off or bad defenders. *cough* Orpik *cough* Nisky

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
So typical. Nisky and Orpik really suck. Borts has a tough but by no means bad game. Ergo, bench Borts. :laugh:

That said, consider THIS the true test of Maatta. On the road, where he's going to see the ice against Tampa's top guns, and he's out there with a partner who's been the Bolts ***** since 2011. Good luck Olli. You survive this stacked deck, and NOBODY on this board better be talking about sending you down.

Maatta is being set up to fail. :laugh: Orpik and Niskanen will just fail all on their own, sucks for Scuderi, Martin and Maatta.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Heck, Sutter played with a lot more jump last year after he got going. Hopefully he's just starting slow as he acclimates to linemates.

His linemates have been carrying that line. He better show something tonight. A replacement third line center is playing on his wing, and playing with a lot more hunger than Sutter. Creates a lot more offense as well. Just playing better hockey. As he should. If I were DJ I'd be pissed having to watch some legacy player loaf around the ice but getting regular time while I am renting an apartment in Scranton.

Slabber Chops

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
His linemates have been carrying that line. He better show something tonight. A replacement third line center is playing on his wing, and playing with a lot more hunger than Sutter. Creates a lot more offense as well. Just playing better hockey. As he should. If I were DJ I'd be pissed having to watch some legacy player loaf around the ice but getting regular time while I am renting an apartment in Scranton.

You're bang on with that one. Both J and K have been great so far this season.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
vyurvc.jpg

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
No Errey - Steve Yzerman will NOT have his eyes on Fleury for the Olympic Team. :shakehead

The Root Sports homers have completely lost touch with reality.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bort sits? That makes sense. Only because he's a rookie, right? **** Bylsma. Don't sit your good players. Rest your older guys who need the night off or bad defenders. *cough* Orpik *cough* Nisky

Cole, I'm not even joking. Screw trading Nisky. Trade Nisky AND Orpik. Play Maatta with Borts and Despres with Martin. When Neal returns, reunite Malkin and Neal with Kunitz. Put Bennett with Sid. Take the 4 million saved on the defensive moves and use Sutter as a chip for the type of winger he ******* deserves already. Stack lines for Sid and Geno, and I'll take my chances on this team. As I keep saying, Sid and Geno are the Pens advantage. It's high time Shero stop mitigating it and start exploiting it, just like 2008. He got spoiled by our not playing a good defensive team in 2009 (Detroit without a healthy Datsyuk had a matchup problem with Geno) and ignored that the 2008 team was the juggernaut (who knows what happens without the cup jitters and Geno being hurt).

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
I love how they referred to NHL 14 as "the best hockey video game on the market". It's the only hockey video game on the market, and it's been that way for the last 4 years unfortunately.

Slabber Chops

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Cole, I'm not even joking. Screw trading Nisky. Trade Nisky AND Orpik. Play Maatta with Borts and Despres with Martin. When Neal returns, reunite Malkin and Neal with Kunitz. Put Bennett with Sid. Take the 4 million saved on the defensive moves and use Sutter as a chip for the type of winger he ******* deserves already. Stack lines for Sid and Geno, and I'll take my chances on this team. As I keep saying, Sid and Geno are the Pens advantage. It's high time Shero stop mitigating it and start exploiting it, just like 2008. He got spoiled by our not playing a good defensive team in 2009 (Detroit without a healthy Datsyuk had a matchup problem with Geno) and ignored that the 2008 team was the juggernaut (who knows what happens without the cup jitters and Geno being hurt).

Bit nervous having that green a blue-line but who cares.. let's do it :)

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

I'm only on board with a good top 9 return. The issue would be loss of depth. Injuries would really hurt at that point so the offense would need to get a solid upgrade.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Nothing better than when two guys tap eachother for a good scrap.

I LOVE hockey for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad