GDT: #5: Pittsburgh Penguins@Ottawa Senators|Scotiabank Place|Jan. 27th 5:00 PM EST

Mar 22, 2010
Mother Base

"We didn't get to our game consistently enough, that's for sure," Crosby said. "We didn't have enough shifts in their end, we didn't execute and make passes thru the neutral zone as good as we could have. Definitely not our best game, that's for sure."

Mike Tomlin: "The standard is the standard."

Pensklein.png

VS.
Sensklein.png

ScotiabankplaceOttawa_1920x1200.jpg

Scotiabank Place

royalrumble.png

sidalfieneuertextokay-crop-crop.jpg
sidalfieneuertextokay-crop-crop2.jpg

sidalfieneuertextokay-crop-crop4.jpg
sidalfieneuertextokay-crop-crop3.jpg

GTDmalkinspezzaohnerahmen-crop.jpg
GTDmalkinspezzaohnerahmen-crop2.jpg

GTDmalkinspezzaohnerahmen-crop4.jpg
GTDmalkinspezzaohnerahmen-crop3.jpg

gdtletanggoncharfeddig-crop-crop.jpg
gdtletanggoncharfeddig-crop-crop2.jpg

gdtletanggoncharfeddig-crop-crop4.jpg
gdtletanggoncharfeddig-crop-crop3.jpg

Pensklein.png

Left Wing
|
Center
|
Right Wing​
Chris Kunitz​
|
Sidney Crosby​
|
Pascal Dupuis
Tyler Kennedy​
|
Evgeni Malkin​
|
James Neal
Tanner Glass​
|
Brandon Sutter​
|
Matt Cooke
Tangradi​
|
Joe Vitale​
|
Craig Adams​

Defense
|
Defense
Matt Niskanen​
|
Kris Letang​
|
Brooks Orpik​
|
Paul Martin
Ben Lovejoy​
|
Deryk Engelland​

Sensklein.png

Left Wing
|
Center
|
Right Wing
Milan Michalek​
|
Jason Spezza​
|
Colin Greening​
|
Guillaume Latendresse​
|
Kyle Turris​
|
Jako Silfverberg​
|
Colin Greening​
|
Zack Smith​
|
Chris Neil​
|
Jim O'Brien​
|
Peter Regin​
|
Erik Condra​

Defense
|
Defense
Mark Methot​
|
Erik Karlsson
Chris Phillips​
|
Sergei Gonchar​
|
Patrick Wiercioch​
|
Andre Benoit​

Pensklein.png
Sensklein.png

Player
|
Category​
|
Player

Crosby/Malkin ( 5 )​
|
Points​
|
Turris/Karlsson ( 5 )​
|
Crosby/Neal ( 3 )​
|
Goals​
|
Kyle Turris ( 4)​
|
Evgeni Malkin ( 4 )​
|
Assists​
|
four tied ( 3 )
Pascal Dupuis ( +2 )​
|
+/-​
|
Karlsson/Methot ( +6 )​
|
Evgeni Malkin ( 14 )​
|
PIM​
|
Chris Neil ( 11 )​
|
James Neal ( 22 )​
|
Shots​
|
Erik Karlsson ( 17 )​
|
Kris Letang ( 26:13 )​
|
TOI/G​
|
Erik Karlsson ( 26:35 )​

Team​
|
GP​
|
W​
|
L​
|
OT​
|
Points​
|
PP %
|
PK %​
|
GA​
|
GF​
Pensklein.png
|
4​
|
2​
|
2​
|
0​
|
4​
|
35.7 %​
|
84.2 %​
|
13​
|
13​
|
Sensklein.png
|
4​
|
3​
|
1​
|
0​
|
6​
|
30.8 %​
|
83.3 %​
|
8​
|
15​

Goalies:​

fleurygdt.jpg
67003_10151342867944477_190422798_n-1.jpg

1 Win, .882 Save %, 3.00 GAA | 3 Wins, .976 Save %, 0.67 GAA

Last edited:

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I thought the same thing :laugh:

Random thought: For some reason, I'd like to see a Tangradi-Vitale-Jeffrey line. Something inside me thinks it would work well.

I would too, but that will never happen. Waaaaay too many young players on one line for Bylsma to ever even let them see the ice.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Won't get to watch the game until the third. Hopefully they can put a much better game together.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I also enjoyed the wrestling theme. Good job.

I guess we'll be seeing Lovejoy again? I'll be hoping for the return of Despres but it's understandable if he's out. You had to know the kid would have a tough time holding off Lovejoy aka the best 7th D-Man in the league. :sarcasm:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Please have a different anthem singer.

It is actually a comfort in a way. We have a coach who can not adjust his game plan. In games, or, well ever.

They obviously can not adjust from embarrasing pregame antics such as the gladiator or the opera singer.

I tried to think about which I thought was worse, and I am not kidding when I say I am not sure.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
The best number 7 d-man in the league business made me wish the lockout was still in effect.

I can't remember the details, but Errey had one of those goofy excited moments yesterday that was more goofy excited than usual. Can anyone remember the moment in particular? Think it was the part about Vokoun blockering the puck out of play or Vokoun grabbing Ladd's stick in front of the net then covering the puck. Sounded in mid-season form already but man Steiggy is the Rossi equivalent of NHL announcers.

How long into the game until Steiggy says something along the lines of Letang being nearly as good offensively as Karlsson if you take in account Letang missing x amount of games last year?

I swear he does that every time they play the Sens. I'm guessing one or two shifts into the game during a break in play where Karlsson is idly skating around the ice. Remember me when he says it, cause he will.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I got Punk over The Rock.

Team Hell No over Rhodes Scholars

ADR over Big Show

John Cena to win the Rumble

Sens over Pens 3-1.

Malkin4Top6Wingerz

Can you like, shutup
Mar 14, 2009
It is actually a comfort in a way. We have a coach who can not adjust his game plan. In games, or, well ever.

They obviously can not adjust from embarrasing pregame antics such as the gladiator or the opera singer.

I tried to think about which I thought was worse, and I am not kidding when I say I am not sure.

Yep. The coach who had the highest winning percentage last season when trailing after two periods clearly has no idea to adjust.

Certified Assassin

Souped up Wildcat
Jul 15, 2010
West Virginia

ADR over Big Show

Sens over Pens 3-1.

Think I'm going to break down and buy the Rumble...I hope Rhodes Scholars win, that duo is gold.

So much win in this thread early on. Love the Tiny Tunes Might be Giants. So many memories...Let's get it done Pens. Win one!

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I like Glass but I'm glad to see Jeffrey get a shot. He's a guy who is pretty good offensively when he's on his game and that third line badly needs an offensive boost right now. They need to start potting some goals.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA

ADR over Big Show

Sens over Pens 3-1.

I haven't been watching wrestling much, but...

Rock over Punk, believe me ColePens, I would love Punk to retain, but he's had the title for over 430 days. and they want the Rock to main event Wrestlemania 29, he will be the champion.

Team Hell No over Rhodes Scholars, big fan of Daniel Bryan, nothing more entertaining in WWE right now than those 2, both deserve to wear gold, I don't like Rhodes Scholars at all. :laugh:

ADR over Big Show, I agree, I don't see them taking the title off of ADR and giving it back to the Big Show in a short amount of time. I also see Dolph Ziggler cashing in at Wrestlemania (if he didn't cash in already)

:cry: Cena probably will win the Rumble, gotta have Rock/Cena II (once in a lifetime my ass) :laugh:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
sens score 4-5 goals. no faith in fleury at this point.

I have more faith in Fleury than the guys in front of him so far. The result is still the same though since we're giving up too many goals.

Onto wrestling...

Almost seems too predictable for Rock to go over Punk and that makes me wonder if they'll switch it up. Same with Cena winning the RR since that seems to be very predictable. I do think they'll find a way to get the title on one of Rock or Cena before WM and have Rock/Cena 2 for the title with Cena evening the score. I don't think he would have agreed to job last year to Rock if he wasn't going to eventually get that win back.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
About wrestling, is anyone from Pittsburgh going to World of Wheels tomorrow at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center? Shawn Michaels is signing autographs from 12-3pm

Shawn Michaels has been my favorite wrestler since I was a little kid, but idk if I'm going. :laugh: :cry:

(That's 3 cry smilies for me today, I'm such a baby)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad