U18: 5-Nations tournament in Sweden, November 6-10

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
USA takes the W over the Czechs, 1-0. Dylan Peterson with the sole goal assisted by Thomas Bordeleau. Bednar saved 31 out of 32, Commesso saved 19.

Peterson's goal:

Sweden's roster vs the Swiss tonight:

Sigh.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
USA takes the W over the Czechs, 1-0. Dylan Peterson with the sole goal assisted by Thomas Bordeleau. Bednar saved 31 out of 32, Commesso saved 19.

Peterson's goal:

Sweden's roster vs the Swiss tonight:

Sigh.

Niederbach on the wing. Of course, he is creative after all. Soon we'll only have EP40 as a creative center for future Swedish best on best teams. The rest of the center depth will be 30 point defensive centers...

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Niederbach on the wing. Of course, he is creative after all. Soon we'll only have EP40 as a creative center for future Swedish best on best teams. The rest of the center depth will be 30 point defensive centers...
Remember that EP40 never got to play C for the junior international teams, and his last 2 years in Sweden he didn't get to either. Bet he would've been better at faceoffs if he was played at C.

I guess he was too bad to play C for/in Sweden, but good enough to play C in the NHL/Tre Kronor...

Reactions: perolofbrasar

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
Remember that EP40 never got to play C for the junior international teams, and his last 2 years in Sweden he didn't get to either. Bet he would've been better at faceoffs if he was played at C.

I guess he was too bad to play C for/in Sweden, but good enough to play C in the NHL/Tre Kronor...

This topic unfortunately never gets old it seems.

Problem is only one C in this line-up is a truly gifted two-way player.

Ekmark playing 1C despite not even being a top 3 C on this roster and probably not a top-10 C in the country.

This age-group could ice an astonishingly creative team of four lines (not the least w addition of a couple of 03's going forward if Raymond and Holtz are not available) and not really giving up any defensive strength.

Leave most of the "offence-only" d-men at home, they have so far mostly been a liability anyway. Let the attackers attack should be the mantra for 02's. I'll give this line-up of defenders a small a pinch of credit - it's more solid defence than offence. But Grans will be missed.

Four Skellefteå players is four too many.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Not a great first game for Sweden. They managed to get the win but the Swiss were every bit as good as them in the first two periods. The only Swedish players who stood out to me were William Eklund and Leo Lööf. Andrae was fine, Wallinder was just ok, Nybeck got on the scoresheet but was mostly invisible, Niederbach didn't look good.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
So, Sweden's lineup vs. Czechs looks a little weird:

Säll - Stenman - Magnusson
Ljungkrantz - Niederbach - Torgersson
Bärehag - Nybeck - Ekmark
Szurowski - Ljungman - Eklund

Nilsson - Forsfjäll
Wallinder - Nordh
Lööf - Ramberg
Garfve - Andrae

Vikman

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Top 10 in scoring heading into the last day.:

xC3V8nZ.png

Sweden, & USA only teams undefeated so far, will obviously play eachother tomorrow to leave only one of them undefeated.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Eklund and Lööf with 0 points each. Thought they still had good tournaments. Nybeck showed flashes and got on the scoreboard a lot but I thought he was just ok. Niederbach made some good plays but also some really weak plays, especially when he got pressured along the boards. Wallinder and Andrae got better and better and had good tournaments overall. I was impressed by Torgersson, big guy who can skate. Stenman was also noticeable, smart player, should probably be a top 6 center on this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad