U17: 5-Nations Tournament in Piešt'any (CZE, GER, SUI, SVK, USA) - 15-19 Aug

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Well, wasn't pretty at times but still won the tournament.Also finally scored some goals.
Another shutout and a great game by Jan Bednar - allowed just two goals on 90 shots over the whole tournament. Very nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wooren

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The US team was awful defensively against the Germans but it is what it is. NTDP players mostly don’t participate in this tournament so it’s a B team, like at the Hlinka tournament. Most years the Czechs are their top competition but it’s not unheard of for them to lose to other teams here.
B team might actually be pushing it...

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
B team might actually be pushing it...

I was actually curious if my memory of the tournament over the years was correct. Turns out this is the worst showing for the US at this tournament since 2009. They had only lost 2 out of the previous 32 games at the tournament, once to the Czechs and once to the Slovaks. There were some good players on teams over the years but mostly players I had totally forgotten about.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I was actually curious if my memory of the tournament over the years was correct. Turns out this is the worst showing for the US at this tournament since 2009. They had only lost 2 out of the previous 32 games at the tournament, once to the Czechs and once to the Slovaks. There were some good players on teams over the years but mostly players I had totally forgotten about.
I for the life of me thought we sent a better group here years past...this team had so many names I have not even heard of.. I remember Kane played here lol!

The 2015 team was loaded and 2017 had Mastrosimone, Kaliyev, and Farinacci...2012 had Connor too I believe...but this team, this 02 birth year does not look deep, outside of Biondi,Dzhaniyev, Cameron, and Ratzlaff - I know very little of any of these kids. This isn't the best of signs for the 02 class after seeing such strong groups in 00' and 01'.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
Summarizing some stats from the german players:

Lukas Reichel: 5g 6a
Tim Stützle: 2g 5a
Florian Elias: 3g 4a
Justin Volek: 3g 2a

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad