U17: 5-Nations Tournament in Piešt'any (CZE, GER, SUI, SVK, USA) - 15-19 Aug

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
This tournament starts tomorrow.
Rosters, schedule, stats and boxscores can be found here.

Wednesday, 15. August 2018

Slovakia-Flag-icon_24.png
Slovakia U17
VS
Germany-Flag-icon_24.png
Germany U17
5 - 7
United-States-Flag%2024.png
United States America U17
VS
Czech-Republic-Flag-icon_24.png
Czech Republic U17
2 - 3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Thursday, 16. August 2018

Switzerland%2024.png
Switzerland U17
VS
Germany-Flag-icon_24.png
Germany U17
1 - 3
Slovakia U17
VS
Czech Republic U17
4 -3 OT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Friday, 17. August 2018

VS
Switzerland%2024.png
Switzerland U17
6 - 2
Czech Republic U17
VS
Germany-Flag-icon_24.png
Germany U17
1 - 0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Saturday, 18. August 2018

Slovakia U17
VS
Switzerland%2024.png
Switzerland U17
3 - 4 OT
Germany-Flag-icon_24.png
Germany U17
VS
7 - 6 OT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sunday, 19. August 2018

Czech Republic U17
VS
Switzerland%2024.png
Switzerland U17
11:00

ZŠ Piešťany - Easton Aréna
Slovakia U17
VS
14:30

ZŠ Piešťany - Easton Aréna
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Thanks for the link to the stream @Wooren.

I only watched the last 13 minutes of the first period but I liked what I saw, especially from the 1st line of Elias-Stützle-Reichel. Since I don't know how good or bad this particular Slovakian team is, I won't get too excited yet, but so far this is fun for me to watch.

EDIT: Now the stream has stopped working for me. But it looks like Slovakia has finally shown up with 2 quick power play goals to start the 2nd period.

Last edited:

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I have to say I was impressed by the German 1st line. Lots of skill.

In the other game Jan Bednar was the standout. Especially in the 1st period he made some incredible saves. Jan Mysak was also very good. Blaha, Naar, Konecny and Malat were some others I thought did well.

Who are the guys to watch on Czech Republic and Slovakia?
Jan Mysak, Michal Gut, Tomas Chlubna and Jan Bednar from the Czech team.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Mysak is another Nečas.
They do play a bit similiar. Although Mysak seems less skilled with more of a power forward game.
Anyway, tragic perfomace by the Czech team against Slovakia. Just very bad.

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017
Thanks for the link to the stream @Wooren.

I only watched the last 13 minutes of the first period but I liked what I saw, especially from the 1st line of Elias-Stützle-Reichel. Since I don't know how good or bad this particular Slovakian team is, I won't get too excited yet, but so far this is fun for me to watch.

EDIT: Now the stream has stopped working for me. But it looks like Slovakia has finally shown up with 2 quick power play goals to start the 2nd period.

The best players absent like Chromiak, Knazko, Mykluhka, Lasak jr and next good players Smidzar, Faith. Slovaks played very bad. Terrible perfofmance. Today they were much better like yesterday.

The first germans line was excelent. Especially Stutze and Reichel. Two top german prospects.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
The best players absent like Chromiak, Knazko, Mykluhka, Lasak jr and next good players Smidzar, Faith. Slovaks played very bad. Terrible perfofmance. Today they were much better like yesterday.

The first germans line was excelent. Especially Stutze and Reichel. Two top german prospects.
Regarding Myklukha and Lasak, has it actually been confirmed the Ukraine wants to play for Slovakia? I expected him to appear in some Slovak nomination by now. As for Lasak, has anyone actually seen him play?

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017
Regarding Myklukha and Lasak, has it actually been confirmed the Ukraine wants to play for Slovakia? I expected him to appear in some Slovak nomination by now. As for Lasak, has anyone actually seen him play?

He will has slovak citizenship in the near future. Lasak jr is slovak player with slovak nationality. He is regularly slovak player. He was few times invited in camps (SVK U17 and SVK U18).

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Its not clear whether he will play for Slovakia or not, there have been some doubts lately but lets see.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
He will has slovak citizenship in the near future. Lasak jr is slovak player with slovak nationality. He is regularly slovak player. He was few times invited in camps (SVK U17 and SVK U18).
I view it as very unlikely him to play for Slovak national team even with Slovak citizenship, though it would help with his exposure to scouts. I’m guessing he plays with Ukraine in lower div

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

How many times was he invited ? 3 or 4 times? And every-time he was cutoff. There is something strange.

He is a some sort of Columbo's wife. Everybody knows, she (he) exists, but nobody saw her (him).

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Switzerland is missing their 3 best players but the federation should be concerned with how the Germans have been gaining ground on them in the last couple of years. I am wondering how Germany hasn't been able to reach the WJC or U18 top division yet with a solid junior programm like that.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Czechs barely beat Germany 1:0 and they praise their game, especially defensively. :facepalm:
Not a mention Germany outshot them 16:21 or that they couldn't reach 20 SOG for the second game in row. They even admitted they wanted to play defensive style the whole game... when do you want to showcase your offensive skills if not against a team like Germany?
This might be the worst perfomace by a Czech team at "B" tier tournament I can recall, they got more or less outplayed in every game so far. Funnily enough it might still be just enough for the 1st place.

Reactions: Goodman68

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
hahahhah some American fans might wanna visit this thread for a while

The US team was awful defensively against the Germans but it is what it is. NTDP players mostly don’t participate in this tournament so it’s a B team, like at the Hlinka tournament. Most years the Czechs are their top competition but it’s not unheard of for them to lose to other teams here.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad