5 Kraken in Covid protocol

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Tests are taking a gd eternity to get back by the way. It's an absolute joke. They built the infrastructure to deal with this and then stopped because "oh, look, it's over" and it got worse and THEN... yes THEN testing starting happening for people who weren't sick too, to add to the strain. Like if they wanted to have fun indoors or even outdoors with a lot of people, or travel, etc. TEST NEEDED. No infrastructure was added. Only just now are they realizing that 5-7 days for test results is unacceptable and are building more testing infrastructure. So here we are. If one of these guys is actually sick, we'll see how well that vaccine is actually working. I'm really curious. It's the first opportunity I'm aware of to see how it plays out in the large group setting with the vaccinated people being tested every 72 hours since in other areas of the world, vaccinated people without symptoms aren't getting tested AT ALL. These guys are travelling too. All over. Could certainly become ridiculous.

(full disclosure, I work in healthcare, in a job that has hands in all aspects of Covid-19, from research to testing to patient care, so I've got a little background on the matter)

Reactions: Tao Jones

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
They might have to make a trade or waiver claiming. So much of the offense gone and Olesiak!

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Only Oleksiak being gone from the D I’m not terribly worried about, same group that played the Vancouver shutout, but any hint of chemistry between forward players is shot right out of the gate. A real bummer for the first game, but not the end of the world.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
Thought with the vaccinations we wouldn't be seeing this sort of thing this season but there it is. Sucks.

Reactions: andys

J Corso

Sep 22, 2020
Fanny Bay
I expect we'll see alot of this around the league this year. Many of us go without symptoms never get tested and never know we were positive. The players get tested constantly so we'll find every single one of them.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
They might have to make a trade or waiver claiming. So much of the offense gone and Olesiak!
League should make an exception and allow waiver claims back dated Oct 1 and then not penalize the Kraken cap wise...how about they take A Wagner,A Strand and maybe some other forward maybe S Milano

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I expect we'll see alot of this around the league this year. Many of us go without symptoms never get tested and never know we were positive. The players get tested constantly so we'll find every single one of them.
Nathan McKinnon as the first big name from another team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad