GDT: #5: Golden Knights 1 at FLYERS 0, Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018, 1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I don’t believe that Hextall agrees with every move, but he’s too patient and gives the coach too much freedom.

It’s a different, but equally as bad, mistake on his part.

I don’t have a problem with him giving the coach freedom - he just chose the wrong coach.

I agree with “its different, but equally as bad, mistake” if its in reference to Hak not getting canned yet. Having said that, Hextall has many redeeming factors as choosing the coach is not the only thing he has been responsible for... and he has done many things well IMO.

Hak has ranged from bad to the worst I’ve ever seen at any level (his personnel decisions) in his duties.

Hextall could eventually hang himself by holding on to Hak forever, but it would take a while for me to get there.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don’t have a problem with him giving the coach freedom - he just chose the wrong coach.

I agree with “its different, but equally as bad, mistake” if its in reference to Hak not getting canned yet. Having said that, Hextall has many redeeming factors as choosing the coach is not the only thing he has been responsible for... and he has done many things well IMO.

Hak has ranged from bad to the worst I’ve ever seen at any level (his personnel decisions) in his duties.

Hextall could eventually hang himself by holding on to Hak forever, but it would take a while for me to get there.
Yeah, I like almost everything he's done outside of the coaching disaster, but until he fixes that the impact of the rest of the good actions are suppressed. Hakstol just has a negative impact over pretty much every single aspect of the roster, whether big or small.

If he gets rid of the coach and makes a better hire, then we're in pretty damn great shape... but until then we're kinda f***ed.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Yeah, I like almost everything he's done outside of the coaching disaster, but until he fixes that the impact of the rest of the good actions are suppressed. Hakstol just has a negative impact over pretty much every single aspect of the roster, whether big or small.

If he gets rid of the coach and makes a better hire, then we're in pretty damn great shape... but until then we're kinda ****ed.

Don’t disagree with that at all. Just very hesitant to get rid of Hexy until I know for sure he won’t get rid of the coach under any circumstances.

If we get rid of the coach this team is a borderline cup contender immediately.

If we get rid of the gm, who knows what they’ll do to the entire roster... they could blow up years of solid roster building that Hexy has done. Don’t want to go down that road until I’m completely sure he refuses to get rid of Hak.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
He gets paid $5M and is a forward. What measurement of good for a forward paid that much doesn't include scoring? If 8 points a season is good for $5M by that logic we have a lot of underpaid forwards

Good against expectation. That’s all that matters really.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
The 2C situation is not panic time. Patrick will be back next weekend. If Vorobyov has to cover that spot for the time being, so what? Play Weal there and then he goes back to the press box when Patrick comes back.
Konecny goes down for a bit and NAK and Twarynski fill the spots until things heal up. **** Weise; play kids for a few games. They won't do any worse than he would. Its a young team. I'd rather see them in the lineup and deal with their mistakes and hustle than tolerate the mediocre or less play of the old farts ( Weise, Lehtera, etc.) who are never going to get better than what they are.

Reactions: FlyersMania2

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
We've got a club box for my bachelor party for this game, pray for my liver This is gonna be me during warm ups:

SeriousBountifulGreendarnerdragonfly-max-1mb.gif

Edit: @DancingPanther has reminded me that my Liver is actually the most likely victim here. My apologies to my kidneys.

tenor.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The 2C situation is not panic time. Patrick will be back next weekend. If Vorobyov has to cover that spot for the time being, so what? Play Weal there and then he goes back to the press box when Patrick comes back.
Konecny goes down for a bit and NAK and Twarynski fill the spots until things heal up. **** Weise; play kids for a few games. They won't do any worse than he would. Its a young team. I'd rather see them in the lineup and deal with their mistakes and hustle than tolerate the mediocre or less play of the old farts ( Weise, Lehtera, etc.) who are never going to get better than what they are.

If it's only a couple games, it makes more sense to recall Leier, who knows the system and his teammates' tendencies.
It also sounds like Knight will be back by next week and Patrick by next weekend so we're only talking a couple games.

Fans always want to see shiny new toys, but "real" prospects need to both play and practice on a regular basis, it's not a good idea to yo-yo them back and forth, which is why Hextall says they'll be promoted when they're ready to start and there's an opportunity for them to start.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Fans always want to see shiny new toys, but "real" prospects need to both play and practice on a regular basis, it's not a good idea to yo-yo them back and forth, which is why Hextall says they'll be promoted when they're ready to start and there's an opportunity for them to start.
I don’t see Weise as being a player that is consistently meriting starting playing time. Letehera either. They’re not going to give the team much on a daily basis and have no future here. NAK and Twar were here through TC and have a future with the organization. Let them roll.

Reactions: Rebels57

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They got their shot in training camp and didn't show enough to stick.
So why interrupt their season for a couple games?
Because you don't want to watch Weise and Lehtera? Don't think that will be very persuasive in terms of Hextall's decision.

The guys who go up and down are like Alt last year, or maybe Leier this year, good enough to be replacement level in the NHL, but not in the teams' long-term plans so messing with their development is not a serious concern.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
No. Because Lehtera and Weise offer very little to the team. They were weak players last season and from what they've shown, there is little room for improvement. At the end of this season Lehtera will be gone and Weise will be a buyout candidate. At least Twar and NAK will hustle and make their presence known. Who knows, maybe one or both really deserve to be in Philly for the long haul.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I agree Lehtera has been good. Weise, looked alright in the 2 games I saw him play. And he looked good in the playoffs last year, when he started throwing his weight around.

They both suck though overall, yes I agree.

Weal on the other hand hasn’t taken advantage of any opportunities. I’d rather see Rubtsov get a call up. Play a couple games at 2nd line Center.

Lindblom — Rubtsov — Konecny

Would be fun to watch.

Reactions: flyersfan187

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If it were January, Hextall might be more willing to call up a kid or two, he'd have game film to judge how far they've progressed, and could use a cameo to see if they were comfortable with NHL speed. But he's seen them in preseason, he sent them down because he thought they weren't NHL ready, what could happen in a week to change his mind.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
I agree Lehtera has been good. Weise, looked alright in the 2 games I saw him play. And he looked good in the playoffs last year, when he started throwing his weight around.

They both suck though overall, yes I agree.

Weal on the other hand hasn’t taken advantage of any opportunities. I’d rather see Rubtsov get a call up. Play a couple games at 2nd line Center.

Lindblom — Rubtsov — Konecny

Would be fun to watch.

Not sure Rubtsov is ready but I am 100% sure he doesn't get called up. I doubt he gets called up at all this season. These shit heads won't even get to NAK until they get through Weise, Lehtera, McDonald, Knight, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad