GDT: #5: Golden Knights 1 at FLYERS 0, Saturday, Oct. 13, 2018, 1:00 p.m. ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
First, to the Cap'n. Oh. My. Goodness. It's a good thing few people are in my office today so there were no witnesses to me laughing out loud at the GDT. Striiker's Sancho Panza baby face is priceless.

So, okay, now Konecny seems to be damaged. This team's fate would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Leave Vorobyev where he is, it's a long season and he needs some stability as a rookie.

NAK is RW, Twarynski is a LW, I actually like Twarynski's game better but NAK is more experienced.

Reactions: renberg and hatcher

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Huh, if you buy out Lehtera, the cap hit goes into NEXT season.
If you want to get rid of him, waive him and let him sign elsewhere or send him to LHV.
Given that he's been pretty solid as a 4C and we have 4 injured forwards (Knight, Patrick, JVR and TK) good thing we kept him.

Oduya and Folin are 7th D-men, who spend most of their time in the press box, why would you want to put a young player in that role instead of playing everyday in LHV?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Lehtera's salary is irrelevant, it was the cost of drafting Farabee, any complaints?

Lehtera is playing 9:42 at ES, lowest of all forwards (JVR and Patrick averages were pulled down by leaving early in a game due to injury), and 2:35 on the PK, where he has the lowest GA/60 of any PK forward. Don't see where there's a problem?

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth

Is this a joke!? Who will be our 2C? Giroux? Or maybe Misha? No! It f***ing Weal!!! Let's replace Konecny with Weise, it can't get worse anyway.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009

f***ing Hextall will play any leftover garbage before giving someone a tryout. Unless they are on a scoring streak like Martel (3 games) or some fantasy reminder of what hockey used to be (Goulbourne 9 games). f*** off.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Takes back Lehtera as a cap dump then refuses to buy him out despite plenty of cap space and instead lets his coach use him on our near league worst PK and late in close games.

I have no problem with Hextell not buying him out. I’d rather have the cap space next year.

I have plenty of problems with Hak playing him too much and in crucial moments.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I have no problem with Hextell not buying him out. I’d rather have the cap space next year.

I have plenty of problems with Hak playing him too much and in crucial moments.

Hak isn’t changing. He’s shown us with many POS players that he values safe, low talent warm bodies because he’s petrified of anyone playing with risk in their game.

Same with Lappy. That passive box has been a fixture of his.

Hextall is where the eyes should turn to next. He condones every move, and refuses to make a change. f*** him.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Hak isn’t changing. He’s shown us with many POS players that he values safe, low talent warm bodies because he’s petrified of anyone playing with risk in their game.

Same with Lappy. That passive box has been a fixture of his.

Hextall is where the eyes should turn to next. He condones every move, and refuses to make a change. **** him.

Has he said he condones every move? Because I’ve never heard that. He’s supporting his coach. As much as I hate the coach and think he should be gone, I have no problem with him allowing his coach to coach.

I agree that the coach should have been gone a while ago and that is becoming a problem. That absolutely does not mean he condones every move though.

Hextall has done VERY well on drafting and trading. He has done ok on free agency (some hits, some misses, and a good job shedding dead weight). I have and continue to be patient with him as a result of the job he has done outside of hiring a coach.

Having said that, he has given Hak enough rope to hang himself 5 times over and he’s done it every time. The change needs to come relatively soon (no more than the end of this year), or Hextall very well might hang himself as well.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Has he said he condones every move? Because I’ve never heard that. He’s supporting his coach. As much as I hate the coach and think he should be gone, I have no problem with him allowing his coach to coach.

I agree that the coach should have been gone a while ago and that is becoming a problem. That absolutely does not mean he condones every move though.

Hextall has done VERY well on drafting and trading. He has done ok on free agency (some hits, some misses, and a good job shedding dead weight). I have and continue to be patient with him as a result of the job he has done outside of hiring a coach.

Having said that, he has given Hak enough rope to hang himself 5 times over and he’s done it every time. The change needs to come relatively soon (no more than the end of this year), or Hextall very well might hang himself as well.

Hak has been coach for a long time. As has Lappy. If he doesn’t condone what they are doing, then he’s a sucker for punishment.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Is Dave Scott on Twitter? Time

****ing Hextall will play any leftover garbage before giving someone a tryout. Unless they are on a scoring streak like Martel (3 games) or some fantasy reminder of what hockey used to be (Goulbourne 9 games). **** off.

Yep. Nearly impossible to earn a promotion based on performance under Hextall. Has to be a clear opening due to injury. Otherwise, he values veteran camaraderie more than on-ice performance. He's not a good GM.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So when's the next town hall meeting?

XR7E3bT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad