Post-Game Talk: #5| Florida Panthers @ New York Islanders | Broctober 12th | 7:00 PM | F/SOW 3-2

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Have a feeling #13 will explode soon with a multiple point game. Toews looked great last night and we get to live another day. 2-3 with the champs coming up Monday

Reactions: dood

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
There’s going to be a nasty holdout next summer for sure if he puts up a pedestrian season. Like something along the lines of 15-40-55. His agent is gonna try to get him Point and Marner money and it ain’t happening

They already said there is no holdout next summer. Nhl decided to not opt out of current deal.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Have a feeling #13 will explode soon with a multiple point game. Toews looked great last night and we get to live another day. 2-3 with the champs coming up Monday

Agree on Barzal. He’s generating more than last year. Nothing is going in for him right now.

I know he has trouble scoring but I just feel like there’s no way the points don’t come when he’s creating so many chances every game

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Who knows? Barzal got off to the same slow start last season. Then, most of the scoring load was being carried by Valteri Filppula so it kind of softened the blow.

BTW, after 5 games last year the Isles record was 2-3. Our record today? 2-3. So let's relax and give it a chance to sort itself out.

Reactions: dood and CPFC

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Johnston is a better version of Martin and he drives straight to the net. He screened the goalie on that Lee goal.

I hate to admit it since I like Martin so much, but he hasn't been hitting like he used to. The physical game was a big part pf the reason the Isles played so well last year and we need Mayfield and Ross to create havoc. I don't know why, but the team stopped hitting after game 2 of the Pittsburgh series. They've lost their identity since.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Johnston is a better version of Martin and he drives straight to the net. He screened the goalie on that Lee goal.

He skates really well for such a big dude, has his stick in the right places on both sides of the puck and seems more like a really mean power forward then just a guy who hits everyone like Martin. He should take Martin's spot full time by the end of the year IMO.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
He skates really well for such a big dude, has his stick in the right places on both sides of the puck and seems more like a really mean power forward then just a guy who hits everyone like Martin. He should take Martin's spot full time by the end of the year IMO.
Imagine if Dal Colle had his stick on the ice when Bailey passed up a shot to get the puck to him.:huh:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Why wait?:sarcasm:

Reactions: xECK29x

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Imagine if Dal Colle had his stick on the ice when Bailey passed up a shot to get the puck to him.:huh:

This was a classic move that tells you how good a player's Hockey IQ is. IF you're crashing the net on your off hand and you KNOW the other player is going to try t make a pass (it's common sense), you don't just skate to the net and stop.

MDC should have skated to the net is a slight arc so he could be ready to take a pass and shoot it on his forehand and if time was limited he could have dove to make sure he'd get his stick on the puck and redirect it..also getting ready to stand up again to bang home the goal.

I think MDC studied the motions and knows where to be (which is what Trotz really loves), but the dude doesn't know what to do or how to be while getting to these areas. All he did was skate to the net..big woop...WTF is that going to do.

Reactions: xECK29x and mm11

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Clutterbuck, Martin need to be sent down...bring up Koivula and Fritz for 4th line duties with Zeeker I am SURE we will see more production on the 4th line. Martin has a decent IQ, but skills are lacking and Clutter, while excellent on defence..can't score for shyt.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Clutterbuck, Martin need to be sent down...bring up Koivula and Fritz for 4th line duties with Zeeker I am SURE we will see more production on the 4th line. Martin has a decent IQ, but skills are lacking and Clutter, while excellent on defence..can't score for shyt.

At this rate it is more likely Fritz will be up because Brassard will be released

Reactions: Strait2thecup

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
This was a classic move that tells you how good a player's Hockey IQ is. IF you're crashing the net on your off hand and you KNOW the other player is going to try t make a pass (it's common sense), you don't just skate to the net and stop.

MDC should have skated to the net is a slight arc so he could be ready to take a pass and shoot it on his forehand and if time was limited he could have dove to make sure he'd get his stick on the puck and redirect it..also getting ready to stand up again to bang home the goal.

I think MDC studied the motions and knows where to be (which is what Trotz really loves), but the dude doesn't know what to do or how to be while getting to these areas. All he did was skate to the net..big woop...WTF is that going to do.

I would hope MDC was replaying that chance in his mind all night. For a kid who lit up juniors we would hope is hockey IQ knew this.... Even my dime store hockey IQ should know it...

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
MDC is the first hockey player so good, so full of intangibles that he doesn't need to put up any points.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yeah, we didn't start right off the bat because of time issues so I don't think we'll be doing it this season unless a poster wants to take it up.
We can take a season off from that. No objection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad