5 Days Between Games, Good or Bad?

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Given the inability of the Habs to score goals, I'd say they need a few new wrinkles both on the PP and on ES.They eventually caught on to the Hamburglar and processed him into the Hambungler but they did almost nothing against Anderson. Let's hope the coaches are able to create some new offensive patters. On the other hand, maybe they can't and shouldn't hold on to their jobs.

Nice one

PricePkPatch*

I want Beaulieu back..

Also give more time to Patch and Markov..

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Good thing for us, but also good thing for our opponent too.
I'd say the earlier we start the series the better because the opponents have no time to rest and to prepare. For instance, it's better to start the series on Thursday (just after Bolts and Wings finish their game) than on Sunday where they have more time to rest.

Let's wish for a triple OT Wednesday ;p

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
More time is always a good thing. Rest, prepare, practise, get heathy and mentally get ready for the next round. I'd take a longer break over a short turn around time any day of the week especially when you consider how physically exhausting the playoffs are.

Also, maybe they can get the PP to actually be an advantage. They'll need it badly if they play Tampa.

Last edited:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It's good. I'll take a little rust for the chance to improve the PP and get some guys some rest.

End of the day, Price, Markov, etc... can use some rest.

We've been relatively healthy this year and I'd imagine guys like Gallagher were fighting through bruises that can use a few days of healing. Not to mention Pacioretty wasn't in game shape and can likely use more time to adjust.

The other team may come out with a great start but we have home ice and that should pump them up. Besides, our 1st period futility is well documented and rest of consecutive games, it didn't really change. How much worse can it get?

I don't want to sound like i'm Doctor Recchi but you surely meant micro-fracture cause that's how real doctors call it.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Rest can be bad if the coach is insistig the team vacation in Tremblant for his personal benefit of having a romantic holiday with his wife.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
I can't see having more rest being a bad thing. I'm pretty sure Gaston Therrien has some theory about it though.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
If we look at last playoffs. Habs swept Tampa, had a long layoff, then beat Boston in game 1.

Then after beating Boston in 7, the habs had a very flat performance in game 1 against the rangers.

Rest is good.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Me too.. I wonder what his timeline is?

11193250_981356461898997_5995033066365369244_n.jpg

I'm friend with Doctor Recchi. You clearly see the micro-concussion taking a toll on Pacioretty and Beaulieu, I suspect both out of the lineup for the second round.

Harry Wong

Oct 25, 2009
5 days off is neither inherently good or bad. It will be what the coaching staff and the players decide what it will be.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
It's all good, really, especially since both TB and Detroit will only have one day of rest following their game 7, and they'll have to spend that day coming to Montreal.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Thing is, I'm also weary of the whole emotional high from beating Ottawa. A break can allow the high and low to fade and return to focused hockey.

I see TB's strong 1sts(7th league wide in GF 1st period) as a positive thing. The habs will know that a strong first is critical. It should keep them on their toes early.

TB has our number obviously and should they win we're in for a tough series regardless of rest.

Should work to our advantage. We start slow anyway in the 1st.;)

Glad to get extra rest, especially for Pacioretty who still looked a little sluggish.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
VERY good

as much as i wanted detroit to finish it off yesterday

i REALLy dont mind the boys getting a couple days off to rest a bit

its not like LAST year, going over a week and a half without anything because of the sweep, THAT was dangerous

but im all for giving the guys a bit of a break after a tough series against those ****ers

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
11193250_981356461898997_5995033066365369244_n.jpg

I'm friend with Doctor Recchi. You clearly see the micro-concussion taking a toll on Pacioretty and Beaulieu, I suspect both out of the lineup for the second round.

lol beaulieu and smith-pelley seem to be getting real tight lol, cool

max doesnt seem to want to grow a playoff beard this year, better not cost him and us :P

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
What say you? Good or bad? Clearly Pacioretty isn't 100% so hopefully the time off will be good for him. Beaulieu will get some time to heal although with the way Pateryn is playing I don't know what the coaching staff will do if he's good to go by Friday or later in the series which would then likely depend on how it's going.

Price gets some rest as well which likely can't hurt, plus hopefully they spend a lot of time working on their terrible PP. But on the other hand does all that time off hurt as whoever we face will have just had a game 7 which could mean they are a little more banged up depending on how the game goes or they will be ready as soon as the puck drops on Friday night. We know that slow starts or failing to score the first goal has been a serious problem all year so hopefully it's something they are working on.

After a long season, I'm sure even young work horses like Price and Subban can use te recharge.

I just hope Pacioretty and Beaulieu can heal. But I'm not holding my breath. I don't think Pacioretty should be playing.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Thing is, I'm also weary of the whole emotional high from beating Ottawa. A break can allow the high and low to fade and return to focused hockey.

I see TB's strong 1sts(7th league wide in GF 1st period) as a positive thing. The habs will know that a strong first is critical. It should keep them on their toes early.

TB has our number obviously and should they win we're in for a tough series regardless of rest.

good point, that was a very intense series so hopefully the layoff won't be an issue as the emotional high wears off.

What harm does a 2hr flight that stays in the same time zone do that a 1.5hr bus ride doesn't?

The recycled air in the plane or something?

Some people really hate to fly.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good. The NHL just released the schedule and the TB series has a back to back, 3 games in 4 nights. Montreal should be good to go for those games.

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Some people really hate to fly.

I wonder if that is the case with any of the Habs, Wings, or Lightning players.

So far the winning response is "I'm guessing a few extra hours every couple of days". Still don't believe the flights are much of a disadvantage.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
5 days off is neither inherently good or bad. It will be what the coaching staff and the players decide what it will be.

That's probably true. However, I have little confidence in the coaching staff.

I do have great confidence in the players. We shall see.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
If your a bit of a fluky team that just made it in and were hot, with everyone clicking then I'd say a 5 day lay off may hurt, but this squad is experienced, a little banged up, best player is Price and goalies will always take a rest if possible. It can't hurt Markov (iffy last series) and I feel like the hope for this team is to go deep, so rest will pay off in the Final.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad