GDT: [#5] Dallas Stars @ Ottawa Senators, 7:30 PM EST (FS-SW)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Doesn't help that we only have 2 lines that get over 10 minutes of ice time, and one of them is nearly always going to be in a defensive role.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Damn, that slipped my mind. If khudo looks like he did Saturday, then oh boy..

:damnpc: :facepalm:

I thought he looked fine after a shaky start. He hadn't seen NHL action in almost 6 months. About as good as I could hope for a back-up to play.

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
I thought he looked fine after a shaky start. He hadn't seen NHL action in almost 6 months. About as good as I could hope for a back-up to play.

I didn't see enough from him to say that he had a good first outing. His tracking at times was subpar, imho. He also over-committed several times on each post. But, whatevs..

Given the circumstances I can see what you're saying, tho.

One thing is for sure. He will get way more work tomorrow than he did against the Ducks.

Reactions: Kcb12345

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
As if they showed a ray emery tribute halfway through the first . Up until that point the stars were all over them . I think that messed with spezzas head a little . You could see he was Almost tearing up on the bench .

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Of the 7 goals not by them:
Klingberg - 4
Carrick - 1
Faksa - 1
Shore - 1

Klingberg is apart of the big line though

Faska was a empty net.

This post makes it seem like others are scoring and they aren’t. It’s a one line NBA team.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Gotcha, makes sense now.

I have no idea how this season is going to go but if Nill doesn’t make a trade and if bishop gets hurt we probably won’t see the playoffs again.
Probably safe to say the top line will be reunited pretty soon if the even strength goal scoring remains non-existent with them broken up. No coach wants to be a one line team, but that one line might be his only means of generating goals for.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Probably safe to say the top line will be reunited pretty soon if the even strength goal scoring remains non-existent with them broken up. No coach wants to be a one line team, but that one line might be his only means of generating goals for.
Honestly that’s the truth though

Live by the sword and die by sword.

Splitting them up is just pointless

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Could try

Benn-Seguin-Hintz
Nichushkin-Spezza-Radulov

I mean he put Hintz in the top 6 in preseason to see what he was capable of. That has to come into play at some point right?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Not that it means anything, but years ago coaching my son's youth hockey team, with three good players and a bunch of newbs, putting all 3 on one line was the only way to generate goals. Splitting them made them all worse. Chemistry is a thing. I favor keeping the top line and adding players as necessary for the second.

Many coaches talk of pairs, as if the third guy is interchangeable. But, that third guy has to be a viable option because its harder to defend three than two.

In the end, talent wins out. If they miss the PO again, IMHO, it will probably be because they have less talent than at least 8 other Western Conference teams. And, as mentioned, with borderline PO talent, we sure can't withstand slumps or injuries to our most talented players, who probably are on par with those of other teams.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Could try

Benn-Seguin-Hintz
Nichushkin-Spezza-Radulov

I mean he put Hintz in the top 6 in preseason to see what he was capable of. That has to come into play at some point right?
I'm all for putting Hintz or Smith on the top line if it is going to remain broken up. I think the speed of those guys would do the line a lot more good than Comeau.

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
Not that it means anything, but years ago coaching my son's youth hockey team, with three good players and a bunch of newbs, putting all 3 on one line was the only way to generate goals. Splitting them made them all worse. Chemistry is a thing. I favor keeping the top line and adding players as necessary for the second.

Many coaches talk of pairs, as if the third guy is interchangeable. But, that third guy has to be a viable option because its harder to defend three than two.

In the end, talent wins out. If they miss the PO again, IMHO, it will probably be because they have less talent than at least 8 other Western Conference teams. And, as mentioned, with borderline PO talent, we sure can't withstand slumps or injuries to our most talented players, who probably are on par with those of other teams.

I agree with this 100%

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Man Janmark looked so good during the worlds I'd love to see him with Benn-Seguin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad