[#5] Calgary Flames at Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW, SN360) - Let's go for a dub

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
A win will get some momentum going and will make me feel much better about this season.

We have a brutal first 10 games mostly out of the division, so going even in them is critical. The Central is going to be cannibalistic this year and we simply can't expect to pick up points regularly within it with how strong the teams are.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
What the hell did we sign Pavelski for then?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't get why the continue to put Benn in front of the net to deflect pucks. He wasn't good there last year either. He has an alright shot. Put him somewhere in the slot or something . For some reason nobody is in the slot at all . Just 4 guys in the 4 corners of the o-zone and a guy infront of the net. No wonder the PP has been shit so far.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Assuming they are set on the formation and being the same for both units, I'd like to see:
Pavelski
Hintz-Dickinson-Seguin
Klingberg

Perry
Radulov-Lindell-Benn
Heiskanen

Hintz & Radulov can do the high swoop on left with a strong shot. Benn and Seguin both have good shots. Lindell & Dickinson can be the bumper

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I don't get why the continue to put Benn in front of the net to deflect pucks. He wasn't good there last year either. He has an alright shot. Put him somewhere in the slot or something . For some reason nobody is in the slot at all . Just 4 guys in the 4 corners of the o-zone and a guy infront of the net. No wonder the PP has been **** so far.
I thought I remember Benn being an effective screen last year. He definitely wasn't tipping as many pucks home or getting as many garbage goals as he did in past years but he still did a decent job of being in the way. That said, Monty should put Pavelski in front of the net for tips because apparently thats what he is good at and put Benn on the second unit if he wants him to be the a net front guy guy so bad. Benn doesn't Deserve to be on the first PP anyway.

Pavelski
Hintz - Seguin - Radulov
Klingberg

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
I don't know what the score will be, but judging by previous result we outta score 5 goals right?

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think he was getting better with every period he played really.. he made a mistake after that a he is scratched for 2 games... this kind of player management ruined Honka
But it was the exact same mistake he made two games prior. The exact same spot. The exact same mental panic causing a turnover that immediately became a scoring chance against.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
But it was the exact same mistake he made two games prior. The exact same spot. The exact same mental panic causing a turnover that immediately became a scoring chance against.
well, the only way to remove mistakes like that is that he will play regularly.. and don't get me wrong, I'm not his biggest fan but he is scratched for a player that has no NHL potential at all...

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Wow I really hate that 3rd line. I know Gurianov hasn’t been lights out, but his strengths our weigh his short comings in my opinion. I want to see him as an every night player.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
well, the only way to remove mistakes like that is that he will play regularly.. and don't get me wrong, I'm not his biggest fan but he is scratched for a player that has no NHL potential at all...
Yeah but dressing him is kind of the same thing

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

Most of the other players are doing stupid shit out there on the reg too.

There are some players you can tell just look nervous/not comfortable and if you ever want them to become something you just have to deal with it and let them play for awhile, at least more than a couple games in a row, and see if they figure it out.

Reactions: Kipper 17

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Dowling-Faksa-L’Esperance line is killing me.. like what the actual ****? two AHLers and poor Radek... then wonder why he is -7...

Faksa isn't a -7 because of that. He's a -7 cause he has played like shit to start the season and can't generate offense

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Exactly. It would be different if he were the only one doing dumb things.

It would also be different in Dowling didn't just have one of the worst games of his career too. If that was a rookie he wouldn't be seeing the ice till next season. But for some reason the career AHLer is given a much longer leash.

Reactions: Kipper 17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad