[#5] Calgary Flames at Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW, SN360) - Let's go for a dub

BennsGonnaGetYou

Apr 27, 2017
Sweden
A two goal lead is simply not enough when you're dominating most of the game the way Stars did tonight. However I wish it would be enough, I guess we really needed Klinger to get his shot that hit the bar just a tiny bit lower in the third. Lastly Pavelski was playing pretty good when it mattered the most - if that means he's finding chemistry it makes this lost point a little easier to get over.

Last edited:

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Well , at least they played a pretty good game . The forwards were a lot more loose than the previous 4 games . There were a lot of positives in that game . Oddly enough it was probably Heiskanens worst game in the nhl though .

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think Caamano should've been tried 3on3 instead of Pavelski , Cogliano or Faksa. He's speedy and has some pretty decent hands. The other 3 have only 1 of those 2 things.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Also not sure i like Sekera playing this much. Don't think he should be playing almost 25 minutes. His decision making is sometimes really really off

BennsGonnaGetYou

Apr 27, 2017
Sweden
I think Caamano should've been tried 3on3 instead of Pavelski , Cogliano or Faksa. He's speedy and has some pretty decent hand. The other 3 have only 1 of those 2 things.
My guess is that Monty doesn't want to risk breaking his confidence if he mess up since 3 on 3 requires a lot of responsibility.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way one positive i'm giving Monty . He likes the Cogliano-Gardner-Caamano line enough to still use them in crunch time and does not double shift other players on there. Something he did alot on that wierd Faksa spare parts line .

Reactions: Brass Bonanza

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Heard Razor this morning talking about the "glue" the Stars lost when Comeau, Dickinson, and Polak got hurt. He's putting a lot of the season's slow start on those three being out. What crap. No team is floundering because they are without two 20-30 point forwards and their #6 d-man. None of the three play on the power play. All three play on the PK, and the PK is doing awesome without them.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Heard Razor this morning talking about the "glue" the Stars lost when Comeau, Dickinson, and Polak got hurt. He's putting a lot of the season's slow start on those three being out. What crap. No team is floundering because they are without two 20-30 point forwards and their #6 d-man. None of the three play on the power play. All three play on the PK, and the PK is doing awesome without them.

Exactly the Stars have lost 4 close games because their highest paid players have not been the teams best players. Everything else has been as good if not better than one could've expected . Hintz has been fantastic , the depth players have played well , PK looks good ( despite the injuries ) , the callups all made a positive impact. The players who have not done enough are the ones paid big money and no team can win without their supposed best players beeing actually their best players on a consistent basis.

Stars had one game where Seguin and Radulov played very well and they won that game. Its that simple. Best players need to play better.

Last edited:
Reactions: LatvianTwist

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

I love Razor, but he's old school. And yes, that is bullshit.

It's like, I was watching the Jets game last night. The Jets are currently playing Mark Letestu - basically their Comeau but probably worse. Jets color guy is Kevin Sawyer, a noted pugilist in his former NHL life, was praising Letestu because he plays "a cerebral game." No, Kevin, he's a plug and he's terrible. That's the old way of thinking.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I love Razor, but he's old school. And yes, that is bull****.

It's like, I was watching the Jets game last night. The Jets are currently playing Mark Letestu - basically their Comeau but probably worse. Jets color guy is Kevin Sawyer, a noted pugilist in his former NHL life, was praising Letestu because he plays "a cerebral game." No, Kevin, he's a plug and he's terrible. That's the old way of thinking.

Comeau is run of the mill replaceable 3rd line grinder and 4 games into his absence multiple potential replacements already stepped up and in Texas there's probably more guys who can play that game as well.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Razor always has a million ready made excuses for everything bad that happens. Should just mostly ignore the crap that comes out of his mouth.

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
Benn's lax maneuvers during shootouts over the last few years is maddening. He tries to outsmart/outmaneuver the goalie and ends up tapping forward a softball. Just shoot the freakin' thing hard. When it comes to hitting and fighting, standing up the opponent's tough guys, Benn's a beast. When it comes to playing hard offensive hockey, oh, hoh hum, I'm back on the ice.

Radulov has decent play at times, but he has become a pass-first instead of a shoot-first player while near the net. Be greedy and shoot more! I like your goals, I just want more. I'm sure you do as well Rad!

Bishop--he seems to me to be playing 3/4 speed, then gets beat, then right after his head tilts up and he rolls his own eyes thinking, "Dang, how did I let that happen?"
Get in linebacker/goalie position and move like a snake, ready to pounce or move any direction!

Palveski--has he been great, and I've been out of the room when it happens?

I have no doubt Dallas will be a hard team to beat in the playoffs, but the beginning of the season seems to be like training camp for some top players. There is no fire.

...wisdom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad