5 Best Bandwagons for Oilers Fans

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Calgary.

Every season Calgary has made a deep playoff run, the Oilers have made a deep playoff run the following season.

If someone told me, back in 2004 that the Oilers will be in the SCF's the following season, I would have laughed my ass off at him.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Nashville, Washington, Detroit, Tampa and Islanders.

No Canadian teams please. Still want the Oilers to be the first Canadian team to bring home the cup.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Not that i like their organization...

But I want Whyte ave to be covered in Flames Jerseys. I want the bars to be showing Flames on a deep run, and I want Flames jersey sales to spike in Edmonton.

I want there to be a mini Red-Mile, and I want the Oilers HEad Office ot be covered in Flames Paraphernalia.

Edmonton Oilers Management deserves this.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
playoffs are wack for me, i usually cheer for the kings because i like stoll and greene and i like watching st louis and anahiem get their hearts ripped out. I hate calgary and vancouver so i wont watch that. I hate the wild because forced naps and all. I hate the preds and the jets.

I like washington to win because of personal player bias and I always find myself cheering for the isles cause of color recognition or something? either way Eff the flames and canucks

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
It's bad enough that the Oilers are once again out of the playoffs, but I've also been robbed of my second favorite team to cheer for. That being, "whoever is playing the Flames or Canucks".

Well played hockey gods...well played.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
I'm on the bandwagon of whoever is playing the Canucks, Flames, Blackhawks, Habs, Ducks, or Jets. **** all of those teams and their fans.

WayneGreatzky

Nov 26, 2014
Edmonton
Calgary.

Every season Calgary has made a deep playoff run, the Oilers have made a deep playoff run the following season.

If someone told me, back in 2004 that the Oilers will be in the SCF's the following season, I would have laughed my ass off at him.

This is a weird fact that ive definitely noticed myself :laugh

Blacktape

Aug 3, 2003
Saskatoon
I thinking it will be a Ducks vs NYR
Final
But I'm willing to cheer for the Wild if it means Dubnyk wins Vezina and then Katz might make some real management changes

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land
I'm on the Flames bandwagon as a big FU to management. Light the entire city up in red during the Flames playoff runs, have bars advertise Flames playoff hockey.

I'm with you. Its hard not to be a fan after all we've been through here, and to see Calgary turn it around that fast... fun to watch. And I don't like Vancouver...

And the Islanders/Senators... a couple years ago were in similar conversations as the Oilers.

I still want MTL to win because they have the depth to go to later rounds. Galchenyuk won't hurt their cause :) but guys like Eller and Emelin haven't done much all season but could impact a big game. It was 2 couple weeks ago that the real season began, Emelin has been getting it going. Eller will have to up his game, they brought in a lot of grit at the deadline. It would be a shame to watch them lose because of lapse's by Gilbert and Petry. But the other hand it would be nice to see that our organization made the right decision for a change.

Winnipeg has THE team designed to defeat Anahiem, Charlie Huddy gets another crack at a few playoff games at home... its going to be fun. If Vancouver gets by Calgary, that patented southern BC mobile defense is going to be well tested. And I have a feeling we will get to see if the Sedin's have gotten any better at playing in their own end.

Last edited:

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
Jets, Sens, Flames, Nashville, Tampa are my top choices for bandwagoning

if I were to choose 1 it would be Winnipeg because they are the opposite of the Oilers.

Butane Fan

Jan 29, 2013
Cowtown
Well I am hoping to make money on Nucks from the Flames fans. I only in it for the money. Hoping the Preds do something

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
started following hockey as an EDM fan in the 70's-80's long before i ever dreamed Nashville would ever get a franchise. Appreciate any Nashville support from you guys, as poorly as we've played recently we need all we can get. Besides, it's easy to hate CHI right?

best of luck to you guys going forward, maybe you can finally get rid of some of those idiots ruining a great franchise.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Tampa is a really good franchise to cheer for/ watch. They do everything right and play a game I wish Edmonton could play

Other teams I cheer for are Chicago and NYR (get that Pens pick)

I don't mind Nashville, but they aren't my first choice. They do look rather strong this year though. I would cheer for them if they beat CHI

For Canadian teams: how could anybody not like Ottawa, I am fully on their bandwagon this offseason. Also the I wish the Jets best of luck

I hate Calgary, but if them winnign means a front office change here, I support them. Vancouver, I don't have strong feeling one way of the other. Montreal the same

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad