OT: 5 AJHL Teams Leave for BCHL

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Suspend them from playing the rest of the year and then they're shocked when they leave before the end of the year? Who would have guessed? haha
Similar thing happened in college football this year, teams and leagues dealt with it as professionally as they could, given the circumstances.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

What a petty and unprofessional statement.

"unsanctioned" = not paying fees to be under an umbrella of sexual assaulter cover ups

Suspend them from playing the rest of the year and then they're shocked when they leave before the end of the year? Who would have guessed? haha
lol no doubt, the canadian railroads can get away with mafia style tactics and hockey canada thought they could too. they were wrong. Hockey alberta blacklisted the HSL league and they generated so much revenue they built an amazing facility for their showcase series'. hockey canadas grip is not what they thought it was

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, where do they go from here? They honestly can't expect to continue without those 5, right? Are they going to become some kind of glorified Junior B league?
I think they will continue to exist. I just don't think it's going to be as good as it once was. Probably end up with Junior B teams joining which will just dilute the product, but I don't see it just folding.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Green Xero

I just don't care
Aug 2, 2023
Hell
Yeah, where do they go from here? They honestly can't expect to continue without those 5, right? Are they going to become some kind of glorified Junior B league?
I'm in BC so not super familiar with the AJhl teams locations but could the rest of the teams join the SJhl? Make a Prarie super league. Kind of the same that the BChl is doing.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I think they will continue to exist. I just don't think it's going to be as good as it once was. Probably end up with Junior B teams joining which will just dilute the product, but I don't see it just folding.
They will become like the SJHL. A place for kids to play Junior A but very few scholarship opportunities because the caliber of play.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm in BC so not super familiar with the AJhl teams locations but could the rest of the teams join the SJhl? Make a Prarie super league. Kind of the same that the BChl is doing.
THIS. Really the history of Junior hockey amalgamations in WC is pretty continuous change. Theres a demand and market, something will happen. Tbh if anything there should be more teams as rinks and potential fans exist. I think it would make sense to have even more regional leagues. Northern Alberta, Southern Alberta, reduce travel.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
THIS. Really the history of Junior hockey amalgamations in WC is pretty continuous change. Theres a demand and market, something will happen. Tbh if anything there should be more teams as rinks and potential fans exist. I think it would make sense to have even more regional leagues. Northern Alberta, Southern Alberta, reduce travel.
Travel expenses are the lynchpin.

The SJ and the AJ could join but an interlock schedule would be impossible due to travel costs imo.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Travel expenses are the lynchpin.

The SJ and the AJ could join but an interlock schedule would be impossible due to travel costs imo.
Just strikes me that Edmonton region could have its own Tier 2 Junior league and enough towns and cities nearby to support it. Limited travel costs, limited overhead. Doesn't make sense for several suitable arenas to be sitting empty without teams in Junior.

Reactions: ManByng

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad