NJ
jlpmvjN.png

72vs21H.png

bEILq9V.png

WM1v6yx.png

AiH3IR5.png

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Season on the line for the stars, if they lose they're out.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Gm JBB and the coach have a plan with cap cup circumvention. HE have used the cap space to make Carolina lose and we can sneak in and steal the division. It makes sense right boys. STRIKE HARD!STRIKE FIRST! NO MERCY! Let's hope Carolina loses out the remainder of the season.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Season on the line for the stars, if they lose they're out.

*in regulation ;)

Dallas gets in with a 2-0-1 record, if Nashville drops both games to Carolina.

Tall order - and I've watched this team long enough to know not to expect any miracles.

On a related note....who's starting for Tampa? You guys probably want to give Vasi a rest before the playoffs start up, right?

.......Right? :help:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
*in regulation ;)

Dallas gets in with a 2-0-1 record, if Nashville drops both games to Carolina.

Tall order - and I've watched this team long enough to know not to expect any miracles.

On a related note....who's starting for Tampa? You guys probably want to give Vasi a rest before the playoffs start up, right?

.......Right? :help:

Lel naww

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Gm JBB and the coach have a plan with cap cup circumvention. HE have used the cap space to make Carolina lose and we can sneak in and steal the division. It makes sense right boys. STRIKE HARD!STRIKE FIRST! NO MERCY! Let's hope Carolina loses out the remainder of the season.

Problem with Carolina is that, if we win tonight* (to keep our slim division hopes alive), Nashville clinches their locked-in playoff spot. I mean, I suppose Nashville might be around Montréal and St. Louis in the overall standings (for potential home-ice), but the odds of any of those three meeting is slim. So the Preds will have nothing really at stake when they're facing the 'Canes.

We need to keep winning for our own potential home ice possibilities - only Carolina and Las Vegas are ahead of us right now, with Florida/Washington/Pittsburgh/Colorado/Minnesota/Toronto/Boston all within touching distance of us if we stumble - and that's the priority. Win our games, give ourselves as good a situation as we can. That there's a realistic chance we'll finish with the #3 overall record in the NHL without Kucherov all season and even without Stamkos for the last 1/4 of the season (or so) is an outstanding accomplishment. Just rotten luck in many ways that the #1 team is in the same division, and it's not like we played poorly against them, either; the season series was completely split down the middle (3 regulation wins, 3 regulation losses, 2 overtime decisions).

*ok, yeah, an OT/SO two-point game means Dallas is still mathematically alive, I guess. But it's remarkably slim.

Reactions: longtime lurker

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Let's finish the season strong.

Let's go Lightning!

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Hi everyone!!
Rutta will be back on the ice tonight: we need the 2 points, to try to clinch the 2nd spot in our division next game.
Go Bolts!!!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Carolina is OTing their way to the division, never seen a team consistently scrape out points. I don't want to win the division anyway, it would look really out of place hanging a central division champions banner. There's nothing Central about Tampa, let Carolina have that and we'll hang the big one instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad