GDT: 5/7/21 - 7:00PM EDT - Dallas vs Tampa Bay

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

This was that long shift where Maroon was stuck in his own end and Kiviranta rang one off the crossbar

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
No, one win vs them in regulation or OT clinches home ice for Tampa. If the 1st tiebreaker remains ROW, Tampa has 35, Florida 34.
Technically a win in regulation tomorrow officially clinches it. An Ot win would leave it to Monday.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Win in regulation and we get home ice since we have more regulation wins than they do even if we lose Monday

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Carolina is OTing their way to the division, never seen a team consistently scrape out points. I don't want to win the division anyway, it would look really out of place hanging a central division champions banner. There's nothing Central about Tampa, let Carolina have that and we'll hang the big one instead.
I also preferred the 3 point game. 3 for a win in regulation. 2 for ot win and w for ot loss. It changes the points and history of league but would be more exciting to see teams go for a win instead of play for 1/2 points.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
No, one win vs them in regulation or OT clinches home ice for Tampa. If the 1st tiebreaker remains ROW, Tampa has 35, Florida 34.

Lightning still hold the tiebreaker regardless, but the O in ROW no longer exists. It's just regulation wins now. NHL changed that prior to last season, and it's a very welcome change. 3v3 OT wins don't deserve the same weight as regulation wins, mostly because they aren't real wins anyway (I mean, they can't be, seeing as how the NHL doesn't count OT losses as "real" losses).

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Lightning still hold the tiebreaker regardless, but the O in ROW no longer exists. It's just regulation wins now. NHL changed that prior to last season, and it's a very welcome change. 3v3 OT wins don't deserve the same weight as regulation wins, mostly because they aren't real wins anyway (I mean, they can't be, seeing as how the NHL doesn't count OT losses as "real" losses).
The ROW still applies, but it is now the 3rd tiebreaker after points %(if fewer games played) and just regulation wins. It works just as well for Tampa, as they still need one regulation win to secure the 2 seed, which I corrected soon after the post you quoted. I did not know that reg+OT had been moves to tiebreak 3 now, which I agree is better to have it behind just reg wins now in the order.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad