Post-Game Talk: 5.5.13| Penguins Topple Islanders in Overtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Everyone twitter bomb that **** Roenick. Him and Milbury are the AIDS and Cancer of broadcasting.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
They got lucky. They need to figure something out because they're getting outplayed. Just happy they won and won't dwell on all the bad. Looking forward to getting this series to 3-1 on Tuesday.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
+ win
+ PP
- pretty much everything else, except Crosby

= infraction for calling all the whiners on the mains accidental world class comedians. I mean, really? That's weaker than the OT penalty call. :sarcasm:

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Bad win playing bad hockey.

- Puck management
- F3
- No fire
- Team speed
- Forcing plays
- To much collapsing

+ PP

When you play a fast, overly aggressive team like the Isles you don't throw so many pucks to the points, let alone doing it blindly. Get pucks deep and keep them there.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Funny how theres not many pluses in a win.

Crosby
Murray
Kunitz
Cooke

Niskanen was terribad.
Despres with some dumb play but he's better/faster than Engelland.
Letang constantly getting passes picked off.
Thought Eaton was our best D-Men behind Murray.

I'd actually get some more speed in the lineup.
I'd sub Kennedy in for Bennett cuz we all know DB won't bench Glass and hope Orpik is ready.

We can't play much worse 5on5. Lots of work to do and these guys know it.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Undeserved win.

I hate that I had zero confidence in Fleury coming into that OT period.

Malkin looked really sloppy, but had great flashes (pass to Murray). I still think he's hurt.

Niskanen is baaaaaaad.

Crosby city

I think half of Malkin's problem right now wears #12. Zero compete from that guy right now at ES. Sorry, but Malkin and Bennett are playing SH hockey at ES.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
+ to Crosby, Cooke, Murray. We just look so slow out there, and it's not even Murray's fault. He's playing how he should be. Cooke was playing with some fire, especially on the PK. And Crosby is Crosby.
Morrow gets my biggest minus. He needs to be out there banging bodies and not getting so cutesy. Ugh.

Good call. I forgot about Cooke.

Also, another minus. Sutter. He isn't doing anything either defensively or offensively. I miss Staal (though I think Staal's shutdown ability is a bit overrated)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
+ Crosby draws a playoff OT penalty, which is enough to send the majority of HFboards members farther into conspiracy land.

Just ignore the main board, for those wanting to rub anyone's face in it or anything of that sort.

But it is fun to read. I love the 'even neutral observers say it's garbage!' sentiment when it's all Flyers, Bruins, and Senators fans. :laugh:

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
From the GDT:

No it reminds me of the Flyer's series last year. But we are the Flyers and would get absolutely embarrassed similarly in the next round.

I will ask the question again regarding Fluery I did at the end of the GDT.

Granted he did not have a great game, but given that 90% of the game was played in the Pens' zone, how many goalies would?

Fleury was the least of the Pens' problems today.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
You know what? This fanbase doesn't deserve a championship. I don't care if I get infracted for it, but it's certainly the truth.

Sid certainly deserves all the hardware he can carry and more.

Maybe during next game you should say we should give back the three cups already won.:sarcasm:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ KUUUUUUnitz with two HUGE goals.

+ Savior Sid, the envy of the hockey playing world, the secret man-crush of Mike Dewshbury and Jeremy Roadlick, and arguably even more God-like since losing teeth, used his Jedi-mind-powers to force Strait into taking a penalty, and then made arguably the greatest assist of all times to Kunitz, who's shot is made more powerful simply by being near Sid. Would like to see more intensity though. :D

+ Lazy Malkin with 2 more pts.

+ Cooke for continuing to show class and prove to the world he is a better human being than they are and they're just jealous on account of not being able to play on a team with Sid and Lazy Malkin.

+ Douglas "Thunder Hands" Murray

+ Silencing a Long Island crowd that frankly, showed Pens fans what they were supposed to be doing the last 3 years in the post-season, making loud and rowdy chants even after getting scored on, etc.

+ Not much else.

I wonder when the choir starts on just how awful Iginla looks ES right now. Reminds me of watching Malkin playing with Ponikarovsky in 2010 . . . it's THAT ******* bad.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
Lol @ Krishna busy deleting every post from pens fans on the main thread and giving out infractions because he's mad. How he's a mod is beyond me, it's comedy.

As for the game, lets hope this wakes them up. I'm still not sure it does, bylsma will be behind the bench still. Same system...leading to too many chances for opposing team and not being able to keep the puck in the zone

Honest question, not being critical...but why does anyone even bother to go to the main board? It's nothing but trolling when the Pens lose and crying conspiracy when they win, what does anyone hope to gain? Is someone going to talk sense into the mouthbreathers that inhabit that board, or...?

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Pittsburgh Penguins ✔ @penguins
Coach Bylsma asked which of Crosby's 3 assists were most impressive, "Drawing the penalty" #Pens

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
+++Sid. Willed the win. He was everywhere.

+Cooke. Quietly had his stick in lanes breaking up scoring chances left and right.

~Malkin. Brutal at the beginning of the game (again), but got a lot better as the game went on. Stopped cherrypicking and started playing his position. About time.

~Letang was very uneven.

-acquisitions. Only Murray had a good game.

---Fleury. The defense has no confidence in him and it's getting us pinned in our zone. They've got the mentality that if an Islander gets even a semi-clean look at the net, it's going in. They're right. This is why they collapse instead of pressure at the line. Every time the puck goes behind the net, Fleury loses track of the play completely. He's tossing weak wrist shots that hit him in the crest back into either the slot or down into the crease. I'm not generally a Fleury hater (can check my pluses and minuses if there's a doubt) but this is 4 years of this now. That's a long enough sample size for me to feel confident in wanting him yanked.

I'd give Sutter a minus, but I can't confidently say he even dressed today.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
+ Fleury. He played an amazing game today. Given the fact than none of the goals were his fault, his save percentage was 1.000. Thats what we need from our elite, all star goalie. Excellent game from him.

- Everyone else. Everyone was responsible for the Islanders shooting the puck. Not Fleury's fault any of them went in.

insomniac34

Mar 31, 2010
- we played like chicken-fried a$$

+ we won

+ Crosby
+ Kunitz
+ Malkin's offense
+ Matt Cooke
+ Murray

-Malkin's defense
-Dan Bylsma
-Tanner Glass reminding me we have 4 forwards sitting that all offer more then he does.
-Morrow
-Sutter
-LETANG
-pretty much everyone else. NO INTENSITY.

Good to win, but almost feels like a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad