Post-Game Talk: 5.5.13| Penguins Topple Islanders in Overtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
From the GDT:

This one remind you of the 2010 Ottawa series? PP carried the day.

No it reminds me of the Flyer's series last year. But we are the Flyers and would get absolutely embarrassed similarly in the next round.

I will ask the question again regarding Fluery I did at the end of the GDT.

Granted he did not have a great game, but given that 90% of the game was played in the Pens' zone, how many goalies would?

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
We played the first 3 games like the Flyers ones last year, but instead be down 0-3, we're up 2-1 ...

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Vitale needs to be in the line-up, a rare forward that can provide some semblance of speed and aggression.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I hope Jokinen has permanently won that third line center spot. I wanted him there the moment he started showing chemistry with Morrow. It's just obvious, but it took until now for DB to realize.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
+ KUUUUUUnitz with two HUGE goals.

+ Savior Sid, the envy of the hockey playing world, the secret man-crush of Mike Dewshbury and Jeremy Roadlick, and arguably even more God-like since losing teeth, used his Jedi-mind-powers to force Strait into taking a penalty, and then made arguably the greatest assist of all times to Kunitz, who's shot is made more powerful simply by being near Sid. Would like to see more intensity though. :D

+ Lazy Malkin with 2 more pts.

+ Cooke for continuing to show class and prove to the world he is a better human being than they are and they're just jealous on account of not being able to play on a team with Sid and Lazy Malkin.

+ Douglas "Thunder Hands" Murray

+ Silencing a Long Island crowd that frankly, showed Pens fans what they were supposed to be doing the last 3 years in the post-season, making loud and rowdy chants even after getting scored on, etc.

+ Not much else.

PensFanSince1989

Oct 25, 2008
+++Crosby
+ Murray, Martin and Eaton

= Fleury: Even I wanted him to step up and steal this one. The fact that it went to OT wasn't on him, but at the same time this is a game in his better days, he would hold the fort in the third. He's been the better goaltender this series of the two that have played though, but that hasn't asked much. For those calling for Vokoun, I doubt we even make it to OT with Vokoun in there.

- Malkin on Defence: Show some effort at least
------- Letang: Brutal. Absolutely brutal. That SH is all on him, he singlehandedly saboutaged that entire PP.
------------- Despres: I don't want to see him in the lineup again this series. He may be better if we play someone like the Bruins, but he was terrible today.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

1. Someone needs to pimp slap Jerome Iginla. I never thought that I'd miss Neal's one dimensional play. Watching Malkin try to dredge through Iginla's no dimensional play and watching Bennett get his *** kicked fighting for pucks while Iginla watches just pisses me off to no end. What's really sad is that his ONE good shift today was with Sid and Kunitz.

2. Thank God for the PP. Don't deserve the 2-1 lead in the series. This one kind of reminds me of the Ottawa 2010 series.

3. Morrow and Cooke are too damn slow together.

4. The defense was giving up the high slot shot again. Fortunately, the Islanders opted against trying to exploit it since half the time they could just walk to the net with the puck instead.

5. I'm really struggling to name a defenseman who DIDN'T suck today. Letang got his points, but his outlet passes were horrid. Niskanen . . . ugh. Despres was a train wreck. Martin really looks out of sorts at LD. Eaton looked old. Murray was o'k, I suppose, considering the lack of speed. O'k, I vote Murray, but only by default.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
+Crosby and Cooke
Everyone else needs to really step their compete level up. Pens dodged a bullet that game.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
+ Sid for refusing to let us lose
+ Murray
+ Cooke
+ Penalty kill

- Everything else
- Dan

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Vitale needs to be in the line-up, a rare forward that can provide some semblance of speed and aggression.

Glass has done nothing this series except take ****** penalties and throw one big hit. It's been said too many ******* times that he has no place in the lineup.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
From the GDT:

No it reminds me of the Flyer's series last year. But we are the Flyers and would get absolutely embarrassed similarly in the next round.

I will ask the question again regarding Fluery I did at the end of the GDT.

Granted he did not have a great game, but given that 90% of the game was played in the Pens' zone, how many goalies would?

I don't have any problem with Fleury's game today, but did you watch Lundqvist yesterday? That's what an elite franchise goalie looks like.

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia
Like to have a better effort out of the team. I think the Islanders, especially Okposo have played fairly well. Capuano is a good coach.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
Sutter has been complete garbage these last two games. Looks lost out there. Easily the worst he's played as a Pen and likely for his career.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
+ Crosby draws a playoff OT penalty, which is enough to send the majority of HFboards members farther into conspiracy land.

Eli Cash

Apr 7, 2004
Buffalo, NY
+ to Crosby, Cooke, Murray. We just look so slow out there, and it's not even Murray's fault. He's playing how he should be. Cooke was playing with some fire, especially on the PK. And Crosby is Crosby.
Morrow gets my biggest minus. He needs to be out there banging bodies and not getting so cutesy. Ugh.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
I fear they dont have the heart to win the cup (maybe this series)
I fear they expect things to be given to them
I fear they think they deserve things and dont know how to work for them

I hope im wrong. I love this team and i love this game so *********g i just cant stand it

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ PP: 3-5
- PP: for one of the worst powerplays I've ever seen with a 2-goal-lead, followed by Okposo's shorty. The low point in a pretty ****ty game.

I understand why Bylsma sent out Martin and Letang. BUT, with the way the PP has been going and with how the Isles are outplaying the Pens at ES (even Sid was a -1 again today), you can't coach not to lose.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
You know what? This fanbase doesn't deserve a championship. I don't care if I get infracted for it, but it's certainly the truth.

Sid certainly deserves all the hardware he can carry and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad