Post-Game Talk: 5-4 Oilers Lose in Shootout

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

The hilarious thing is all the idiot Canuck fans on the article arguing that it should have counted because it wasn't intentional, even through Kerry Fraser clearly explained the moment Burrows tried to catch it "it was intentional". Hopefully the fellow i and others were having to explain the most basic rules of hockey to is now aware of his ridiculous position (like seriously you shouldn't need to read a rule book to know that's a hand pass :shakehead).

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Some people are happy Nuge stood up for himself, but again I iterate the point - he shouldn't have to, he shouldn't be taking **** from many of these guys.

Hamhuis doesn't play against bottom roster players too often, nobody in hockey should be above standing up for themselves. Nuge did the right thing, good for him./end of story

That doesn't mean the Oilers shouldn't be trying to do the same thing to the Canucks. I'd love to see the Oilers just goon it up for a whole game and not worry about the score.

Kepler 186f

Red Shifted
Dec 17, 2007
Yes it was a bad call. But they then went down the ice and scored a short handed goal to regain their 2 goal lead. Which should have been a big boost for the Oil and a crushing blow to Vancouver. Instead Edmonton managed to fritter away the lead again.

Bad calls happen. Good teams overcome them. Poor ones pout about them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad