GDT: 5/4/22 - 7:30PM EDT - #3 Tampa Bay @ #2 Toronto [ECQF GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Literally came in here to laugh about how no one is demanding we trade McD after a Shitshow of a game due to the confirmation bias of the hive mind around here, and one dude is literally singing his praises.

If serge would’ve coughed up that puck he’d need witness protection. Ridiculous.
I know last year mcD was our savior so I can't throw him under the bus like that, but he definitely had a less than stellar performance tonight. I think he was trying to make up for it on the PK when he charged in for the goal but just ended up shooting it straight into the pads lol.

Reactions: Outl4w

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Literally came in here to laugh about how no one is demanding we trade McD after a Shitshow of a game due to the confirmation bias of the hive mind around here, and one dude is literally singing his praises.

If serge would’ve coughed up that puck he’d need witness protection. Ridiculous.
While the singing of his praises was over the top, so too is your focus on one mistake. Albeit a bad one.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I know last year mcD was our savior so I can't throw him under the bus like that, but he definitely had a less than stellar performance tonight. I think he was trying to make up for it on the PK when he charged in for the goal but just ended up shooting it straight into the pads lol.
It’s almost like; they’re human…and maybe, people have bad games? But no. Putin is controlling them and they don’t care. I don’t know. I put gongshow on ignore so I don’t know the latest hot take on why gongshow has been right all along.

Reactions: U55

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He was absolutely dreadful tonight and responsible for a goal but ok.
Yeah - like the post I was replying to acknowledged, that clear attempt that resulted in Bunting's goal was pretty terrible.

Wasn't really referring to tonight but the past few playoffs overall.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
:rolleyes: Rewatch the first half of the game. Actually just watch the whole game again

The Vasy from the last two runs wasn't just Vasy for half a game at a time. Y'all make it sound like no goalie had ever faced a 2 on 1 before tonight.

His overall performance was fine tonight. But his performance wasn't up to his -- extremly high -- standard from past playoffs. And he'd tell you the same.

edit: That glove snatch in the 2nd was some high-quality Vasy, though.

Last edited:

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
It’s almost like; they’re human…and maybe, people have bad games? But no. Putin is controlling them and they don’t care. I don’t know. I put gongshow on ignore so I don’t know the latest hot take on why gongshow has been right all along.
Putin isn't controlling anything, but maybe the war is on their minds this year. Who knows honestly? I can imagine they might have some family members back home who they might be worried about possibly. The team has seemed off this season, but I have no idea if the war is why.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Yeah - like the post I was replying to acknowledged, that clear attempt that resulted in Bunting's goal was pretty terrible.

Wasn't really referring to tonight but the past few playoffs overall.
McD is good! He’s great! It’s just that, the posters here tend to pick up on one or two others opinions and drive them into the ground and it’s mega annoying especially when it’s not based on the reality of the game.

I’m not necessarily talking about you. Just ab observation of the board.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
While the singing of his praises was over the top, so too is your focus on one mistake. Albeit a bad one.
There were too notably flubbed clears by McD. Only one cost us a goal.

He also made bad pinches and just looked off his game overall. Everybody has an off night, and this was his. Was weird to see someone making it a McD lovefest.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Bad game, chief. I watched it all. Sorry I don’t have a power point timeline to prove it to you, someone I have never read a post before. Sorry internet stranger!
We were all strangers here at one time. And I don't give a damn how long you've been around, you're letting one bad mistake cloud your judgement. Doesn't mean it was a tour de force performance otherwise, but not the shitshow you describe either.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Putin isn't controlling anything, but maybe the war is on their minds this year. Who knows honestly? I can imagine they might have some family members back home who they might be worried about possibly. The team has seemed off this season, but I have no idea if the war is why.
We all know and the answer is "Yes, they might have the war in their minds".
If their agent, Mr. Milstein, just after the declaration of war, asked the league for a more security protection for them, there's a reason why.
And everything suggests me that also their life (ok, despite they're well paid to play hockey) is not like 5 months ago.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
There were too notably flubbed clears by McD. Only one cost us a goal.

He also made bad pinches and just looked off his game overall. Everybody has an off night, and this was his. Was weird to see someone making it a McD lovefest.
Only other really poor performance I can remember was one against Columbus in the 2020 run. I'm sure he coughed it up other times but as far as overall, tonight was similar. He had a few moments in transition that were good but that turnover was awful.

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
We all know and the answer is "Yes, they might have the war in their minds".
If their agent, Mr. Milstein, just after the declaration of war, asked the league for a more security protection for them, there's a reason why.
And everything suggests me that also their life (ok, despite they're well paid to play hockey) is not like 5 months ago.
yeah it would not be a surprise at all to me if that were the case. I just have no spoken to them personally and don't want to make any assumptions about it.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
yeah it would not be a surprise at all to me if that were the case. I just have no spoken to them personally and don't want to make any assumptions about it.
I've not spoken to them either of course but, imo, it's an easy conclusion to take.
War's felt by almost everyone on this planet...imagine being Russian or Ukranians...

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Interesting to note the defenseman ice times...

Everybody in the 20-23 range except Foote and Bogo, both 11-12 minutes. Good job distributing the minutes given all the special teams too.

Maroon with 5mins TOI. Glad Cooper nailed his ass to the bench.

@RussianGuyovich just to be Corey Perry to you... sergachev was the only one on the team listed with 2 giveaways. Only defenseman with a credited giveaway on Tampa. Stat guy didn't watch the whole game apparently but the internet says Sergachev had 2. So we must trust it.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Ice just opened up after the first goal. Main problem is still mental mistakes but wow, what a difference in offensive zone sustained pressure compared to game 1.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
First of all...what the f*** did I miss in the last couple hours?

Second...one game at a time. 1 down, 15 to go.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Good rebound win again, especially since game 1 was worse than any of our games the last 2 seasons. I agree about hoping our lax attitude allowing the Leafs to get closer in the 3rd will reduce our complacency. Leafs have shown a lot of fight, gonna be a long series if we wanna win.

I just hope we don't give up any more SHG.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Huge win!
- Our ability to bounce back after a loss is still there!
- They looked much more focused, including Vasi who had a much better game than the last
- Stole an away game, that takes off some pressure for sure and gives a good feeling for the home games
- Great special teams!
- Toronto was overly aggressive, now they might be a bit more cautious and getting insecure of how they should approach the game
- Let us hope they keep playing Simmonds, he will continue to draw penalties (just hope he won't hurt anyone..)

No time to relax though, they need to continue these kind of efforts in order to win the series. Toronto is really good and that first line is scary!

Reactions: Fabiobest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad