GDT: 5/30/21 - 5:00PM EDT - #3CD Tampa Bay @ #1CD Carolina [CDF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Hi everyone!
We saw that winning a game 1 in the series is really important...to have a cushion...
So, win guys!
Go Bolts!!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I think it would be good for us to take game 1. I think if we can get them chasing the game a bit we can exploit some weaknesses they have. They are a bit more experienced than fl was but still think we can get them out of their flow of game and catch them on some mistakes. Also Vasi will need to be big again. Which he definitely can do. I dont know why fl scared me more than Carolina does.

Heddyzeppelin

Aug 24, 2020
Need to steal one in Raleigh. This one or game two, I would rather get this one.

Frustrate them between the blue lines. Don’t give any free zone entries.

Solve Ned early, take his confidence.

Go Bolts!!!!

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Heddyzeppelin

Aug 24, 2020
¿Por que no los dos?
I try not to be greedy but..
upload_2021-5-30_16-29-44.jpeg

Reactions: DaBolts

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Due to the death of the family and having a Hindu family, there is 13 days of prayer, which tomorrow I have to attend also. I might be late for the start of the game. Someone better start drinking for me, I'll catch up when I get back.

its 630am monday morning and happily I am reporting that I have already cracked a whiskey for you and myself.

Now, being 4 degrees Celsius outside atm, im still in half a mind to walk to the bakery...

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I try not to be greedy but..
View attachment 440824

I mean, the way I see it in this sport is that you really need to win multiple road games as the lower seed to win a series. Odds are, the Hurricanes are going to win a game in Tampa. Hopefully not but that's the just the way things go in this sport. Stealing home ice with an early road win is overrated. We took control of the last series because we managed to win both road games to start things out. Obviously winning both games is not a requirement to win the series ultimately, but if we do win today, Game 2's importance doesn't change at all. Need to keep going the same either way. If one road win is good, two is better. Hopefully three is unecessary at that point.

Reactions: Heddyzeppelin

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
I think we'll be OK with Schenn. In a way, he's similar to Savard--big and slow, with limited offense. I really like the way his game has rounded into form in the past month. At least he's not the instant liability he once was when he hopped over the boards.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Pizza is ready, beer is ready, whiskey (if needed) is ready, let's go.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I think we'll be OK with Schenn. In a way, he's similar to Savard--big and slow, with limited offense. I really like the way his game has rounded into form in the past month. At least he's not the instant liability he once was when he hopped over the boards.
Yeah Schenn over Savard isn't an issue at all. The bigger effect will be that going 11-7 is more difficult if Savard is out for longer.

Reactions: DaBolts

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Now, apparently Game 1 does begin in about 15 minutes, but I sure wouldn't have known if I trusted NBCSN. If I trusted NBCSN, I wouldn't even know we had a playoff series at all coming up. The degree of indifference has been staggering.

Reactions: BoltsFanSinceDay1

Multipass

Oct 30, 2014
Going to have to make good on our chances and Vasi needs to shine. Looking at how many shots the Canes generated against the Preds and how many we gave up to Florida is a bit scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad