GDT: 5/30/21 - 5:00PM EDT - #3CD Tampa Bay @ #1CD Carolina [CDF GAME 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fan from AK

May 19, 2021
Alaska
I would think that if the Bolts get into the third round that they would face the east bracket winner if Toronto loses in the north. That would make the north the 4th seed and the Bolts would be the number 2 seed going into the third round, NO???, playing the 3rd seed east winner. I hope I asked that right, if not my apologies.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I would think that if the Bolts get into the third round that they would face the east bracket winner if Toronto loses in the north. That would make the north the 4th seed and the Bolts would be the number 2 seed going into the third round, NO???, playing the 3rd seed east winner. I hope I asked that right, if not my apologies.

Would you rather face Toronto w/o home ice in the 3rd round, or Boston with home ice?

That's basically what you need to ask yourself. For me personally, I'd rather face Toronto and it's not even remotely up for discussion.

Obviously if you told me it was between Toronto and the Islanders, then I'll take my chances with the Isles, but we have no way of knowing that. Playing the odds, it's better for us if Toronto wins the North.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

They clearly don't know what they're talking about. I'm a straight man, but....
6746c1553322d951ecb9932a51374cc1ae841e27.gifv

Brayden is a hunk.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Would you rather face Toronto w/o home ice in the 3rd round, or Boston with home ice?

That's basically what you need to ask yourself. For me personally, I'd rather face Toronto and it's not even remotely up for discussion.

Obviously if you told me it was between Toronto and the Islanders, then I'll take my chances with the Isles, but we have no way of knowing that. Playing the odds, it's better for us if Toronto wins the North.

I'd take Boston (again) all day, every day. They're a very good team that matches up horribly against us. I don't think that has changed.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I'd take Boston (again) all day, every day. They're a very good team that matches up horribly against us. I don't think that has changed.
Hall has made a difference. Can't just sit on the top line anymore. Not to mention that the pylon that was Chara is gone. A great player but not late in his career against our speed. Their D is younger and faster now. And they were #2 on the PK in the regular season which could impact one of our key advantages.

Bolts still the better team but the B's would be a tougher out this time around.

Reactions: Hoek

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Hall has made a difference. Can't just sit on the top line anymore. Not to mention that the pylon that was Chara is gone. A great player but not late in his career against our speed. Their D is younger and faster now. And they were #2 on the PK in the regular season which could impact one of our key advantages.

Bolts still the better team but the B's would be a tougher out this time around.

Exactly where I'm at as well. I have the Avs, Lightning, and Bruins (in that order) as my top-3 teams in the NHL. If the Leafs are knocked out, odds are, in addition to Carolina (who's probably #5 on my list), you would need to beat both the #3 and #1 ranked teams, whereas you would only need to defeat one or the other if Toronto is our 3rd round opponent.

Obviously not impossible and, hey, who doesn't love a challenge after all, but I definitely consider a Bruins + Avs road tougher than a Leafs + Bruins/Avs road.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
I don't really see the Bruins putting up any kind of fight against the Avs.

It's the NHL playoffs. Anything can happen, and generally does.

The Avs are good this year, but not special. They're about as good as Boston was last year, or the Flames the year before, and certainly not as good as we were that year.

Anyone still playing could be the team to knock out the Avs. I like the way they play the game, so it would be fun if it's us.

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
I think the other source of uncertainty is that none of these teams have played anyone outside of their division since last year. With no common opponents to calibrate, it's just impossible to know how good the teams are.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Johnson was busting ass this game, crazy how well he can play when it looks like he's motivated. Don't think Joseph is seeing any icetime soon, Johnny has been a beast down low.

Reactions: Hoek and Peacefool
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad