GDT: 5/23/22 - 7:00PM EDT - #1 Florida vs #3 Tampa Bay [ECSF GAME 4]

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
So many comments on the main board about how a sweep here could teach Florida the same lessons we learned from the Columbus series and I don't know why so many people think that sweep taught us how to play in the postseason. Between 2015 and 2018 we went to the SCF and two game 7s in the ECF. How does a sweep in 2019 teach us how to win a playoff game? It's revisionist and wishful thinking by those who want to follow our path.

That series taught us you can't play one style of hockey and win in the playoffs if the other team is determined to take it away. If you recall, Coop changed our philosophy in the offseason and we struggled pretty badly out the gate in 2019. But we became a more balanced team instead of just outscoring everybody in video game fashion. Florida could learn that lesson.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
TATD hacking off a branch of the Old School! 🤘

In light of recent news it was either that or the Strip Club national anthem "Pour Some Sugar On Me" or "Girls Girls Girls"

You have no idea how badly I wish Amalie Arena staff would troll them on it with club music all night

Last edited by a moderator:

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
So many comments on the main board about how a sweep here could teach Florida the same lessons we learned from the Columbus series and I don't know why so many people think that sweep taught us how to play in the postseason. Between 2015 and 2018 we went to the SCF and two game 7s in the ECF. How does a sweep in 2019 teach us how to win a playoff game? It's revisionist and wishful thinking by those who want to follow our path.

I think there's some truth to it. There's a UFC fighter named Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson. A few years ago he was knocked out for the first time in his career against a guy named Anthony Pettis. He said later on that he thinks it made him a better fighter because he was no longer afraid of being knocked out, he said the worst thing that can happen in a fight finally happened to him and he found himself more relaxed going into future fights. When the Lightning got swept, especially after that historic regular season, I think it's kind of a similar situation. The worst possible thing happened, what else is there to fear at that point? I guess we'll never really know what kind of impact it had but I personally believe it helped them.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
In light of recent news it was either that or the Strip Club national anthem "Pour Some Sugar On Me" or "Girls Girls Girls"

You have no idea how badly I wish Amalie Arena staff would troll them on it with club music all night
Thong Song, Love In This Club, Im In Love With A Stripper, Bandz a Make Her Dance, Hot In Here, Shake That, Pony, Milkshake, Buttons, Cherry Pie.

only the best for our little brother

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The 2021 series was the lesson. 2022's the same thing except they're getting the Lightning from the 4-0 elimination (Game 6) win every single night. Last time we needed a few games to make the transition from regular season to playoffs. This year, we did that against Toronto and came to Florida completely ready. If they used those first track meet like games in 2021 as a measuring stick, that was a mistake. Win or lose them, you don't want to give up 4 or 5 goals a game, and you have to know you won't go far that way. If anything, use our games against Carolina and the NYI as a comparison of where your game needs to be. I think Toronto fans are making the same mistake now looking at our 1st round series and thinking they're close to where they need to be. Maybe you were close to winning 4 games, but the goal is to win 16. Not only that, they get progressively harder the further you do.

I don't think its real but it would be hilarious if it was, No way a team goes out like that with their season on the line.
I don't know. Michael Russo of The Athletic had wrote that the Caps essentially partied too much in the bubble and didn't really take those games seriously which lead to them being knocked out in the first series in 5 games and Reirden being fired 3 days later.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
The 2021 series was the lesson. 2022's the same thing except they're getting the Lightning from the 4-0 elimination (Game 6) win every single night. Last time we needed a few games to make the transition from regular season to playoffs. This year, we did that against Toronto and came to Florida completely ready. If they used those first track meet like games in 2021 as a measuring stick, that was a mistake. Win or lose them, you don't want to give up 4 or 5 goals a game, and you have to know you won't go far that way. If anything, use our games against Carolina and the NYI as a comparison of where your game needs to be. I think Toronto fans are making the same mistake now looking at our 1st round series and thinking they're close to where they need to be. Maybe you were close to winning 4 games, but the goal is to win 16. Not only that, they get progressively harder the further you do.

I don't know. Michael Russo of The Athletic had wrote that the Caps essentially partied too much in the bubble and didn't really take those games seriously which lead to them being knocked out in the first series in 5 games and Reirden being fired 3 days later.

I forgot about the bubble parties lol.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I actually don't think this is a good thing. Panthers are gonna play real loose tonight and are gonna have one of those weird things to rally behind if they win. I'd rather them play tight and complacent rather than invigorating their team/fanbase with some nothing-to-lose nonsense.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Honestly, I don't believe the rumors about the strip club are true.
No team can be that dumb, the idea that they were out so late the night that separates 2 playoff hockey games when their season is on the line.

If this was true (again, I truly believe it isn't), Zito should have to blow up the locker room this offseason.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
No team can be that dumb, the idea that they were out so late the night that separates 2 playoff hockey games when their season is on the line.

If this was true (again, I truly believe it isn't), Zito should have to blow up the locker room this offseason.
I would figure if it were real, they aren't keeping Claude Giroux. The only trade he'd accept was to Florida, and then they do that.

Joe Thornton isn't playing, but he's not going to get many more chances.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

I was thinking this as well. No way this is true. Unless they truly dgaf lol!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad