GDT: 5/23/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1M Washington VS #1A Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
17 and 9 haven't pulled weight all year, start with trimming expensive depth players who are replacable.

Agreed. Killorn is what he is and I can deal with it. He was never going to deliver more than the miracle of game 4 but to his credit had a pulse tonight. But Johnson on the other hand? Johnson has been displaced by Point. He's flash in the pan that can play remarkable hockey at times but is streaky, cannot play without Palat and gets hurt all the time. I won't be sad to see him go.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Washington definitely deserves the win, hats off to them. Nothing more to say there.

For us, maybe Coop is our Dungy. Maybe a new firey voice is what is needed.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Agreed. Killorn is what he is and I can deal with it. He was never going to deliver more than the miracle of game 4 but to his credit had a pulse tonight. But Johnson on the other hand? Johnson has been displaced by Point. He's flash in the pan that can play remarkable hockey at times but is streaky, cannot play without Palat and gets hurt all the time. I won't be sad to see him go.
And to boot he is an absolutely horrible defensive player.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
As much a McD has been a complete dud this series, can you imagine what where we'd be with Sustr in the lineup? Might not make it out of round one, and DEFINITELY getting destroyed by Boston.

Yzerman has a lot of options. As far as I'm concerned we need to revamp our defense and go for broke on Erik Karlsson. It's pathetic how unwilling they are to get engaged in the playoff fray. Carlson had 25 shots on goal coming into game 7, Orlov something like 18.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Guys...
maybe I'll be back in some day...Now I need a stop because I'm very sad...
But I want to say one thing:
Thank you to everyone of you: I've spent a beautiful season with you, on this forum.
My English is not perfect but you've accepted that and I've appreciated it very much.
The Bolts one is a fantastic community. I'm sure that the Cup will arrive in the next years.

Your English is perfect, buddy. Would gladly host you in Tampa any time for a game.

Reactions: Fabiobest

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
And just like that, I got a glancing feeling of being in offseason / roster reanalizing mode.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Want to hear Coop give his reasons for another shutout. It would give me hope if he would rip into this team for this display of hockey the last 2 games.

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
Yzerman has a lot of options. As far as I'm concerned we need to revamp our defense and go for broke on Erik Karlsson. It's pathetic how unwilling they are to get engaged in the playoff fray. Carlson had 25 shots on goal coming into game 7, Orlov something like 18.

It’s not a personnel issue. Personnel is fine aside from a couple of small tweaks. Right system and coaching should have this team rolling.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
As much a McD has been a complete dud this series, can you imagine what where we'd be with Sustr in the lineup? Might not make it out of round one, and DEFINITELY getting destroyed by Boston.
Maybe some ppl here would have taken 1st round exit over this complete no show at game 7 ECF.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Finbolter

Nov 22, 2013
There is some players i dont care if they not play lightning jersey next year and they are kucherov, killorn, miller, johnson and cooper should get fired he gets out coached every year.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I really like Cooper a lot. He will go down as one of the best coaches in TB sports history. Maybe he will win it on another team that has the players mentally gifted enough to get it done themselves without extra help from a system or coach. Unfortunately, this team is not it. This nucleus of players needs a push. Don't think Copper is thst guy.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

You think this was a team that'd be out in the first without McD? lol....

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
There is some players i dont care if they not play lightning jersey next year and they are kucherov, killorn, miller, johnson and cooper should get fired he gets out coached every year.
Remove those guys and this post looks real dumb after like 5 games.

lightingismyteam

May 23, 2018
im done im never rooting for this team ever again
when do u have the chance to play againts the golden knight in the finals?
and u ruin it?
cooper gone now thx u

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
It feels like most guys on the team thought they could collectively ride passenger on a juggernaut to a Stanley Cup. This year's team was dominant but unlikable for how easy they seemed to think this would be. And this is a team who has had a taste of multiple deep playoff runs.

Reactions: Hoek

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Your English is perfect, buddy. Would gladly host you in Tampa any time for a game.
Thank you very much!
I love you, all! For real :)
Next week I hope my passport will arrive...(I've renewed it)...And maybe this summer I'll look at some prices...
But I'll promise you that I'll come in our home :)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Gallant's team utilizes speed, quick transition and relentless puck persuit aka what the Lightning should be doing, we'll see how that plays out against the Caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad