GDT: 5/22/22 - 1:30PM EDT - #1 Florida vs #3 Tampa Bay [ECSF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Another very good game: we have the possibility to win the series tomorrow night.
A little recap from the Italian broadcast: yes, tonight I was able to listen the italian reporters...
They said:
1) Vasy is simply unreal.
2) Cirelli and Killorn not too good so far in the playoffs. But they believe both of them will be important in the next rounds.
3)About the trades: the Bolts are like the Rays. It's always hard to trade a players with us, because , with our jersey, all the players seem to be amazing but with the other jerseys, the situation chances (see Drouin for example).
I know you are only sharing what others have reported so not a criticism of you, or anyone really, but Cirelli and Kilhorn have been fine. If this team proves anything it's that just because your not on the score sheet it doesn't mean you're not contributing. And it's pretty clear that Killer is playing through something more than just the normal playoff dings. But he, like everyone else on the team, is a warrior and is on a mission.

As for the Rays comment, I know that baseball is growing in popularity in Italy but it is still a bit surprising that the commentators over there would make such an observation. Interesting.

Reactions: JDBolt and Hoek

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
A back to back sucks and all, but if we manage to sweep them, that would be huge on the rest factor with the additional day.

Depending on what happens elsewhere, if we finish this in a sweep tomorrow, we could go as long as a week or so before playing another game. Almost gets you to that point of being concerned about getting too much rest, actually...there's that stat out there, for instance, where playoff meetings where one team swept their previous opponent and the other went 7 games, the team who went 7 games the prior round won that matchup every time. Limited sample size with caveats for sure but it happened just last year with the Golden Knights vs. Avs.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I know you are only sharing what others have reported so not a criticism of you, or anyone really, but Cirelli and Kilhorn have been fine. If this team proves anything it's that just because your not on the score sheet it doesn't mean you're not contributing. And it's pretty clear that Killer is playing through something more than just the normal playoff dings. But he, like everyone else on the team, is a warrior and is on a mission.

As for the Rays comment, I know that baseball is growing in popularity in Italy but it is still a bit surprising that the commentators over there would make such an observation. Interesting.
Both Cirelli and Killorn are very useful for the team because, if also they do not score, they're important in our zone ad well.
Cirelli has only one point so far in the post season, but that goal was simply huge: he scored the 2-0 goal in G6 vs Toronto...Btw you're right: they seem to be on a mission and so I'm not worried at all by them.
They compared the Bolts with the Rays because our TV broadcast some MLB game.
That's interesting but here we're really far from being competitive (both in baseball and, of course, in hockey).

Reactions: Bartleby

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
We said it last year after our series, that style doesn't work in the playoffs. And instead of make the change they went full offense again in the regular season. This was destine to fail again.

Biggest problem that looks like it was bound to sink them was losing Quenneville for reasons outside their control. This was the thing I said all season as the "yeah but" for all their regular season success - having a head coach who has zero experience as a head coach in playoff hockey. Florida had a tough time vs. an injury-riddled and frankly old Capitals team in the first round and could've lost there. Now they look less competitive now the second time against us than they looked at any point last year...I maintain that I thought Florida was our toughest opponent in 2021. They put a legitimate scare in us. They haven't scared us for one second yet in this series.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Biggest problem that looks like it was bound to sink them was losing Quenneville for reasons outside their control. This was the thing I said all season as the "yeah but" for all their regular season success - having a head coach who has zero experience as a head coach in playoff hockey. Florida had a tough time vs. an injury-riddled and frankly old Capitals team in the first round and could've lost there. Now they look less competitive now the second time against us than they looked at any point last year...I maintain that I thought Florida was our toughest opponent in 2021. They put a legitimate scare in us. They haven't scared us for one second yet in this series.
Brunette was given praise for purposely not really changing what Quenneville had set in place.

Not sure what the plan is now.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think Q might have fixed the power play sooner but I think otherwise their offense might have been just as doomed. All they do is cherry pick and feed off turnovers for odd man rushes. Toronto did the same the first round and caught us off guard the first 5 games. Once we woke up and figured it out they ended up being the perfect preparation for the Panthers, so this series probably turns out almost the same.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think Ed just tries too hard to add intrigue to a game by overplaying certain things against the Bolts. When he gets going he can be very complimentary, but he'd rather talk about how we can lose lol.

Reactions: Stammertime91

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
I've issued my share of smartass comments lately regarding Stamkos and the playoffs (i.e. being invisible). However, last game he was a total warrior with the shot blocks and today he was finding twine. O Captain, my Captain.

Also, Kuch is an absolute animal.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Would you? I spent the first 38 years of my life waiting for ONE of my teams to win a championship. I'm owed at least 5 more in a row by the bolts!
Still trying to make up for the insane losing percentage of the early days of this franchise I say, lol. Sat through enough sub-20 win seasons to have earned at least two more cups.

Reactions: Zeus Bojangles

LeafAttack

Feb 18, 2019
Apparently,whoever beats my Leafs gets to play in the Stanley Cup Finals.Boston...Montreal,and now Tampa is a good bet to repeat;thanks to them helping out their goalie who struggled early against us,by recommitting to total teams defense,and shot blocking.Go Tampa !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad