Speculation: 5/22/19 Sharks Roster Discussion 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009

Vlasic with Burns? I think Ryan is definitely the odd man out when EK65 gets back. He did himself no favors last game and it’s clear they don’t trust him.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
And Labanc just took one to the nose. Hockey gods are hilarious.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Looks like he did.

Also Deboer finally told Haley to go play with his toys.

Donkey, Radil, Melker would be such an awesome 4th line. Dont think Goodrow would ever sit because of PK stuff (even if hes awful at it)

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Donkey, Radil, Melker would be such an awesome 4th line. Dont think Goodrow would ever sit because of PK stuff (even if hes awful at it)

It's also because Goodrow is their only center option among those four. I would like to see Radil-Gambrell-Donskoi as a 4th line honestly. Puck possession and scoring opportunities would be more prevalent for the team with that sort of lineup.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009

Vlasic with Burns? I think Ryan is definitely the odd man out when EK65 gets back. He did himself no favors last game and it’s clear they don’t trust him.

It will be quite interesting to see how PDB utilizes his top 4 D and how 44-88 work.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
It's also because Goodrow is their only center option among those four. I would like to see Radil-Gambrell-Donskoi as a 4th line honestly. Puck possession and scoring opportunities would be more prevalent for the team with that sort of lineup.

Same haha I just don't see Melker ever sitting ever for no reason and he's obviously unbreakable. Against Vegas it would make so much sense to run that 4th line.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

Similar to the Braun Vs. Heed debate, you’re sacrificing PKers superior 5V5 play. Not exactly the same but a similar concept. I would like Radil-Suomela-Donskoi because I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Suomela at this level but I can understand picking Gambrell based on their AHL performances.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
god damn our top 4 D is just meh. I'd much rather have Dilly with Heed as our #2 for a few games and let Heed try to be offensive while Dilly hangs back ala with EK65. But maybe 47/72 can bring back their Cuda magic.

I remember when my legs started feeling heavy as a player in my mid 30's, but thats usually after a few months of smoking weed, playing Rocket League all day, and eating Yiasso gyro's pretty much everyday with no gym...Pretty sure Braun is on the same regimen.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
god damn our top 4 D is just meh. I'd much rather have Dilly with Heed as our #2 for a few games and let Heed try to be offensive while Dilly hangs back ala with EK65. But maybe 47/72 can bring back their Cuda magic.

I remember when my legs started feeling heavy as a player in my mid 30's, but thats usually after a few months of smoking weed, playing Rocket League all day, and eating Yiasso gyro's pretty much everyday with no gym...Pretty sure Braun is on the same regimen.
Braun is pretty much reaching for the puck on every play instead of taking an extra stride here or there.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Similar to the Braun Vs. Heed debate, you’re sacrificing PKers superior 5V5 play. Not exactly the same but a similar concept. I would like Radil-Suomela-Donskoi because I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Suomela at this level but I can understand picking Gambrell based on their AHL performances.

And that's a valid point since removing Goodrow and Karlsson would require them to either put in two new guys to the PK or increase the times of Kane and Pavelski. That's what makes the lack of a trade or addressing the 4C legitimately even more silly by thinking that Haley was a good add to make. lol

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

They need to give Hertl and Nyquist more time together and they need to try them with Meier on the left flank.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The problem with that is that Kane-Couture-Pavelski would suck.

Meier-Couture-Pavelski already sucks and they’re especially bad because they’re expected to handle way too much of the defensive responsibility.

They should really play Kane with Couture and Donskoi and LaBanc with Thornton and Pavelski. And I would be open to swapping Couture and Pavelski in those scenarios.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
There’s no situation in which I’d suggest breaking up Sorensen-Thornton-Labanc, just about the only line that brings it every night it seems

I'm opposed to breaking up Thornton and Labanc but I can take or leave Sorensen. One assist during this six game losing streak. I'd be alright with moving him up or down the lineup.

Kane-Hertl-Nyquist
Sorensen-Pavelski-Meier
Couture-Thornton-Labanc
Radil-Goodrow-Karlsson

See how that works for a game.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Replacing Sorensen with Couture or Pavelski would probably just make it better.
If the usage stayed the same sure, but it would be hard to convince most people that a line with Couture or Pavelski on it is a third line. The reason the third line is working is because Labanc is hot right now, and Thornton can dominate any third line in the league. Once they start getting matched up against tougher lines I think their effectiveness would wane

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
If the usage stayed the same sure, but it would be hard to convince most people that a line with Couture or Pavelski on it is a third line. The reason the third line is working is because Labanc is hot right now, and Thornton can dominate any third line in the league. Once they start getting matched up against tougher lines I think their effectiveness would wane

Yeah as long as the 3rd liners stay productive with thornton there is no reason to change thornton to a top line. Unless of course major injuries happen.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Braun is pretty much reaching for the puck on every play instead of taking an extra stride here or there.

One usually starts reaching for a variety of reasons, but I think there's 3 typical ones...

Fatigue kicks in and your mechanics go to crap. Braun never really lacked severely in conditioning in the past. Age will cause this though.

Hip mobility, whether caused by injury/repetitive stress/age. When that happen, your stride / first steps / cross overs / etc. all suffer. Its not even about strength/conditioning if your hips are bad. Braun used to be a really good skater. He's not moving his feet the same and his stride looks much shorter than ever.

If your hockey sense is just awful and thus, positioning is off. This was never really an issue with Braun in the past, but maybe I was clouded by his ability to recover quickly and use his speed.

It could be anything really, but I suspect Braun's hips are banged up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad