Stockholm, Sweden
+ Vasi playing greatly
+ PP working
+ PK working
+ Stamkos keeps scoring
+ Second line is still playing well
+ We have won two straight
+ Caps are getting nervous

So, not all doom and gloom. Best of 3, have to win the next to put pressure on them!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
98 is playing really well. I don't know why Cooper isn't playing him more than the disaster that McD-Stralman has been. I'm not saying have him take their minutes, but he shouldn't be playing 10 per game. Let the kid develop. He's been really solid, and seems to be improving. You gotta let a young player do that, whether its the playoffs or not. I'd say at least 15, so you have McDonagh and Stralman more like 20. Hedman's the only one who should be playing the big minutes.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
98 is playing really well. I don't know why Cooper isn't playing him more than the disaster that McD-Stralman has been. I'm not saying have him take their minutes, but he shouldn't be playing 10 per game. Let the kid develop. He's been really solid, and seems to be improving. You gotta let a young player do that, whether its the playoffs or not. I'd say at least 15, so you have McDonagh and Stralman more like 20. Hedman's the only one who should be playing the big minutes.
In a perfect world I'd like him to get more ice time too, but the last change is huge on the road, Cooper is sheltering him, so I see where Coop is coming from. That being said I can see MS getting more minutes at home starting from the next game. The lack of offensive zone time has been Tampa's main weakness in this series and Sergachev is one of our best puck possession player on the team. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to get my point. I think Sergachev earned the right to have a greater role during those 2 road games.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Sorry I have been active but when I post the lightning started out of 0-2. I took a break and now we are tied 2-2. That being said. Best of 3 series now, nothing else matters. Win 2 and move on! Stamkos and Vasy have stepped up. Killer has been awoken from his nap. FINISH STRONG.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Bad luck this series for me to post in GDT before the game so I didn’t.

What a night from the Big Cat!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Kunitz looks like he does not give a **** some shifts, turns it over, skates casually, defends half assed with his stick out then goes for a change. His linemates are shining much more then he is. He does nothing on the ice that shows he's a 4time cup winner, Callahan looks way better in that regard. Saying this he'll probably score a clutch goal for us soon, but even after scoring game 7 OT last year for the pens they still didn't want him back after his garbage season.
When he changed and gave up that Orlov shot while they had possession...

I was f***ing pissed.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I don’t think it will happen but I wouldn’t mind seeing Conacher get a look in game 5. Maybe give J.T. a night off.

Gourde is really struggling. I think the Lightning need more from him and TJ to win the cup unless Kuch just catches fire.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I don’t think it will happen but I wouldn’t mind seeing Conacher get a look in game 5. Maybe give J.T. a night off.

Gourde is really struggling. I think the Lightning need more from him and TJ to win the cup unless Kuch just catches fire.
Disagree, Gourde played his best game since NJ series last night

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Coop is going to live or die by this line up. But I would not mind seeing Conacher in for Kunitz. Would at least give the 4th line a shooter and maybe they can pick up some goals. Kunitz just has not been shooting like he was in the regular season. Not sure what’s going on and he is quitting on plays and going to the bench during an active sequence.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
When he changed and gave up that Orlov shot while they had possession...

I was ****ing pissed.

He gets gassed 15 secs into a shift, lays one hit and he's done. All he has is a heavy shot that he barely gets off anyways. Paquette and Callahan have been impressive on the forecheck and PK, could use a linemate who puts in at least half the effort they do, Cirelli would be a great fit since his line of Killorn and Miller don't do anything anyways.

Palat - Stamkos - Kucherov
Miller - Point - Johnson
Killorn - Gourde - Conacher
Cirelli - Paquette - Callahan

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

1quPpLw.png

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
What adjustments can we make to help the D get the puck out better?

Remind McD that sometimes you just have to clear the damn puck and not try to act like Hedman when you're just not as good.

Send Strålman healing vibes because he definitely is injured (played only the 4th highest TOI yesterday and was moving slower than usual, despite the nice hit he gave Ovi) and through the playoffs he's been our best defenseman at exiting with possession.

Don't allow Girardi to try move the puck out, just clear it around the boards. When he tries moving the puck or some of those long outlet passes they often go to the wrong color jersey.

Coburn is actually not doing badly at getting the puck out if he doesn't bobble it off of his stick.

Give Sergachev more minutes because, damn, he is doing great for his age and his first playoffs!!

Just let Hedman be Hedman. :D

Reactions: The Green Unit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad